Author Topic: FDA Press Release - Recall  (Read 3184 times)

Offline patches

FDA Press Release - Recall
« on: Nov 14, 2007, 02:30:07 AM »
Originally, I thought this recall was only for our area, but since these products were distributed nationwide, I thought it would be a good idea to post this!   ;) 

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at: http://www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html

Del Rey Tortilleria, Inc. Issues Recall of Flour Tortillas Due to Possible Health Risk
Marcy Toledo
773 637-8900
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- November 12, 2007 -- Del Rey Tortilleria, Inc., Chicago, Illinois, is announcing the recall of its flour tortilla products.

Included in the recall are flour tortillas of all sizes [White Flour Tortillas; Tortillas de Harina(6 inch); Burritos 2, 3, and 4; and Fajita 8" size] with the name "Del Rey" on the label, and with one of these Date Codes: OCT/17/07; OCT/20/07; OCT/24/07; NOV/04/07; NOV/10/07; or NOV/11/07.

Illinois state officials have told us that they believe there is a connection between the tortillas and recent illnesses in Racine, WI schools, in which students experienced vomiting, nausea and abdominal cramps. If you experience symptoms of this type, you should consult a health professional.

State officials have told us that they do not believe the problem involves microbial contamination. Del Rey is not certain that its products caused the reported symptoms, but is recalling the product nevertheless as a precaution while its investigation continues.  This recall does not affect any other Del Rey products.

The products were distributed nationwide through food distributors and grocery stores.
Consumers should immediately return any product that is subject to this recall to the store where it was purchased for a full refund or replacement.

Consumers with questions may contact the company by calling Marcy Toledo, General Manager, at 773 637-8900.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007, 02:33:47 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

christy

Re: FDA Press Release - Recall
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:49:32 AM »
wow thanks for lettin us know patti,  we had a pizza recall here a few weeks ago.  either im just noticein all the recalls or theres been alot latley.

Offline patches

Re: FDA Press Release - Recall
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:59:35 PM »
Actually, Christy, I think there's been a lot of recalls lately. :o I don't know if there're not screening or checking things well enough before they go out  :smileyNo: or they're just trying to avoid lawsuits.   ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal