Author Topic: Making A Shadow Box  (Read 6258 times)

MassMama

Re: Making A Shadow Box
« Reply #25 on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:34:51 AM »
 :hb3: sounds like you got a great plan going Sarah!! Good job!! Of course can't go wrong with the sports theme!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #26 on: Nov 21, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »
It only took a few hours and we got the shadowbox done.  I tried stamping the girl's hands but the shadowbox isn't big enough for their prints and a picture to balance evenly.  Anywho, here is what it looks like from beginning to end:

And the camera is looking at it from an angle, so that way the flash isn't reflected back into the lens, so the matting on the photo isn't really done that badly.  The photo, matte, and flowers are all elevated off the page to different heights with foam dots, which doesn't show well.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007, 04:21:03 PM by landofoz »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #27 on: Nov 21, 2007, 04:48:41 PM »
Great job, Sarah! :ThumbUp:

This is to be a present for your husband? He will love it!  :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #28 on: Nov 21, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
Yes, it's his christmas present from the girls and I.  I've already been asked twice if it was time to give it too him.  I have a suspicion the girls are going to be bugging me a lot about giving their present to him and it's not even December yet. 

Offline patches

« Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »
Hey, Sarah, I think your shadowbox looks GREAT!!!  :Wow:  I used make them for some of my miniatures, but then switched to making entire rooms.  :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #30 on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »
That looks so nice, Sarah! What are the little medals hanging from ribbons?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:03:21 PM »
Oh, those are little oval charms.  One of them says "LOVE" and the other says "LAUGH". 

Thanks for the compliments, I'm blushing.

Offline patches

« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »
Hay, Sarah, you don't need to be blushing.  :smileyNo: You really put a lot of thought, work and love into that shadowbox, so you deserve to be busting the buttons off your shirt with pride!!!  ;)  :yesssss:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2007, 05:54:39 AM »
 :Wow: That turned out Great Sarah!! I am sure he is going to LOVE it!!

christy

« Reply #34 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »
 :Wow:   sarah!!! that looks great! ya did a awsome job!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
That looks great Sarah, well done, and i am sure that Adam's going to LOVE it!!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #36 on: Nov 23, 2007, 02:39:31 PM »
Sarah, that is beautiful.  It turned out so nice, I really like the colors you used.  He is going to love it!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 23, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
I deliberately chose a black shadow box, so if I ever want to re-do it in a panther them (black and bright blue) it will match perfectly. 

I'm so glad you guys like it!  I'm ready to give it to Adam, though.  I put it in a cupboard in the kitchen that he's probably never, ever been in and he got into that cupboard the very next morning!  Go figure!!  I don't think he saw it though, he was concentrating on find the extra cereal because a full bowl just wasn't enough for him.

christy

« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:07:43 AM »
not long till you can give him his shadow box!   :grinnnn:

we were at the mall n i went into the art place, they have these new pitchures called 3-D art!   :Wow:  they were amazing!  just beauitful! so i had to take a closer [howed they do that look]   :shock:  it was a shadow box! there was like a mini shelf in it n with a pic of a shelf with stuff on it, then there were paper pices of cups, jars, n stuff  glued infront of the pic,  you could see globs of glue were they glued the 3D paper picings on the shelfs   :Whis:   for 40 bucks for a 5x5 pic ya think they woulda did a better job with the glue!  :rolleyes1:   :BigGrin: least i seen how they did it,
there was also a deer one,, a forest pic in the backround with cut out deer n leaves in front of the pic,
a house with people n trees n stuff cut out infront of the pic,  they looked pretty east to make, might be on my to do list  :ScratchHead:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »
That sounds real neat, Christy, be sure to post a pic if you make one!

Adam loved the shadowbox.  By noon he had it up on the wall - for a man who does his best to procrastinate about everything that is astonishing.

Offline patches

« Reply #40 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:59:38 AM »
Well, what was not to like about Shadow Box, Sarah!  :ScratchHead: I thought you did a great job on it, so I had no doubt he would love it.  :yesssss:  Guess his speed in putting it up tells you how much he liked it!   :wink5:

christy

« Reply #41 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:37:06 AM »
 :ThumbUp: i knew he would sarah! you did a great job on it,

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:28:21 AM »
I am just amazed that you were able to make him wait til Christmas for it! Seems like the girls were in a hurry to let Daddy have what they were giving him... :laughpound:

Such a sweet gift for him. I knew he would love it!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal