Author Topic: How's Your Weather #2  (Read 15030 times)

Offline patches

Re: How's Your Weather #2
« Reply #50 on: Dec 09, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »
Actually, Dianna, I thought you would recognize it as soon as you saw it!  :wink5:  Geesh, it's just a takeoff of "Let it Snow" that I wrote last night because it was playing on one of my Christmas CD's as I was just going outside to check on the weather. :rofl1:

I am almost afraid to tell you that our temperature was 80* here, with you feeling so cold and miserable. It is supposed to be 81* here tomorrow.... 

Dianna, you don't have to be afraid to tell me that since I'm too far away for me to hit you.  :smileyNo:  Of course, I guess I can still do it "Patty" style!  :Whack:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: Dec 09, 2007, 07:27:28 PM »
Well, Patti, I did figure out that it would be done to the tune of "Let It Snow". I am not sure that we have that, though, so figured we could make it fit something else.... :laughmao:

Ouch!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #52 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »
Well, Dianna, I'd reallly like to hear you sing my version of it because I can't!   :smileyNo:  :SmileyFit:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #53 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:37:27 PM »
One of these nights, Patti, Jim and I are going to dress for the occasion and I will sing it for you. Can't be posting us singing in our jammies.... :laughmao:

I think everyone can sing, though. Some just haven't found the song for their voice. ;)

I sure hope you don't get any of the ice that is predicted for your area....
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #54 on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »
  Hey, Jimmy, you never did answer my question, how far away is Dallas from you?   :SmileyQmarks: 

Sorry Patti I don't remember seeing your question. I live between Dallas and Fort Worth by DFW Airport probably around 16 miles from Dallas . PattyS yes I just saw that mistake so it rained 5 gallons here then :rofl1: Just hope it doesn't start freezing  have to put on something more then a T-Shirt to cover my back.

Offline patches

« Reply #55 on: Dec 09, 2007, 11:53:38 PM »
Hey, Jimmy, now I can keep tabs on your weather and find out what it's like down there!   :wink5:  My best friend, from high school, just moved to Dallas this summer.  She's loving it down there and giving me a real hard time about the weather she's enjoying. 

Well, I was feeling pretty good about how we lucked out last night with our weather; but, now it sounds like tonight is going to be a different story!   :yikes:  They have issued an "ice storm warning" for tonight until noon tomorrow since there is a new storm moving in. :scaredy: Earlier this evening they started posting the all school closings on T.V. and they keep adding to it.  I don't have class until tomorrow night so I'm praying the roads will be clear by then. :pray:

MassMama

« Reply #56 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:17:54 AM »
we have a lot of ice out today .. It is cold and suppose to get more snow and ice today  :badmood:

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #57 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:21:23 AM »
Hope your roads stay clear and the ice misses you by a long way. According to what the news here sad it is freezing rain north and west of us al the way to Chicago area. Misting here now and 37 for an over night low.
Patti if you come see your friend hope you give me a call so we could meet up somewhere would love to meet you. Being growled at by a dog better go see what they want. Stay safe and warm everyone.

MassMama

« Reply #58 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »
Thanks Jimmy .. My husband just called and said to be careful too cause it is super slippery out there. Hope they sanded the roads .. Nick has school today

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #59 on: Dec 10, 2007, 08:08:42 AM »
Our schools were delayed 2 hours then closed. I saw on the news in i think Misouri where a sander plow truck was slipping sodeways while trying to get the road sanded.
Marton just left for work. He usually leaves at 5:30.
I'm going to drag my feet a bit today. Let the landlord get the deck sanded.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #60 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:07:54 PM »
Hope your roads stay clear and the ice misses you by a long way. 

Once again, God smiled at us, Jimmy!  :yesssss:  It iced up a little around here on my car and such, but nothing like the 1/4" they were predicting.  :smileyNo: Although there were some places that got a lot, it didn't affect our immediate area today.  of course, my biggest problem is that on the 5:00 news they just reported that light snow and freezing rain is moving into the St. Louis area, and I've got Final Exams tonight, so I'm going to have to be on the road.  :yikes: Our temperature right now is below freezing, so that really has me very concerned about driving! :smileyNo:

Patti if you come see your friend hope you give me a call so we could meet up somewhere would love to meet you. 

Hey, Jimmy, that would be great because I would love to meet you too!   :yesssss: Unfortunately, it's probably never going to happen  :crying: since I'm not a traveler and never have been.  My mom loved to travel, but, evidently, those genes did not get passed on to me.  :ScratchHead:  I've always been a homebody and like to stick close to home.   :dunno:  If I ever catch the "traveling bug" and do go visist her, I would definitely make plans to meet you, Jimmy!  I would never pass up that opportunity!!!    :NewHug:
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 07:54:42 PM by Jim »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 10, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
81* here today and it has been beautiful weather for us. I sure hope that everyone is staying safe in the bad weather areas....

Offline patches

« Reply #62 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »
Well, we were frotunate and missed a lot of the nasty weather that was all around here, but it looks like that may be changing tomorrow night.   :yikes:   Right now, it's 29 degress, but they said the wind chill makes it feel like 24 outside.  Sure glad that I'm in the house for the night!  :wink5:  Here's the Severe Weather Alert that was just issued at 9:13 P.M. tonight.   :SmileyFit: 

CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE STORM SYSTEM MIGHT BE STRONGER AND LAST LONGER THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT...WITH SNOW DEVELOPING ON FRIDAY EVENING AND ENDING EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. ACROSS THE EASTERN OZARKS THE PRECIPITATION MAY BEGIN AS A WINTRY MIX OF SLEET AND SNOW.

WHILE THERE STILL REMAINS MUCH UNCERTAINTY WITH THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS STORM SYSTEM AND SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS...THERE IS INCREASING CONFIDENCE THAT THIS STORM WILL IMPACT MOST OF THE REGION AND ALSO HAVE A HIGH IMPACT ON PARTS OF THE REGION.  AT THIS TIME THE SOUTHERN HALF OF MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS APPEAR TO BE HAVE THE GREATEST THREAT OF THIS HIGH IMPACT WINTER WEATHER. THERE ARE GROWING INDICATIONS FOR THE POTENTIAL OF 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW.

Yep, this is us!  I hope we don't get it, but today was my last day at school, and I've got plenty of food, so I should be able hibernate until this passes.  :wink5:  I just pray there's no power failures!   :pray:

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 12:20:13 AM by patches »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:30:54 AM »
83* will be our high today. Sure wish I could send some of this warmth to you all that are having the cold weather...

We have had beautiful weather all week. We will be picking the girls up in NC on Monday and the weather will probably be too cold for them to play outside.... :(

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #64 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:41:31 AM »
Its -6 here, snowing and really blustery, calling for temps to go into the -30's here tonight with the wind chill!!!!

Offline patches

« Reply #65 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »
Well, I guess it's really coming.   :yikes:  One of my friends just called when they got home and said it was starting to snow over in Missouri.  It's 31 degrees with a wind chill of 22, so I'm sure it's pretty chilly outside. I think it's supposed to snow all night then let up in the morning, but start again tomorrow evening.   :SmileyFit:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #66 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:25:59 AM »
Patti, I hope snow is all that you get and it stays cold enough to avoid another ice storm.  Be safe and stay warm!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #67 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:37:48 AM »
Thanks, Triss!   :thx:  After last year, the thought of snow really doesn't bother me that much.  Of course, right now I'm in a position to stick it out here at home.  :yesssss:  Now that school is finished,  all I have to worry about is getting all my grades turned in.   :wink5:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 12:39:40 AM by patches »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #68 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:39:31 AM »
All stocked up on basic necessities then?  How much snow are you expecting?

Offline patches

« Reply #69 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »
Yep, I made sure of that, Triss, and I went up to the milk store this afternoon to get some more milk. :wink5: I got both chocolate milk and whole milk, but I also have chocolate syrup and chocolate malted mix, so I'm all set for whatever mother nature sends!   :yesssss:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 12:46:35 AM by patches »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #70 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:47:24 AM »
That is good to know.  Much better prepared to be stuck than to get stuck and not be ready for it.

Offline patches

« Reply #71 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:53:42 AM »
Well, Triss, learning from last year's ice storm, I also have plenty of candles, oil lamps, flashlights, battery operated radio, artic sleeping bag and my little catalytic heater. :wink5: It's not much, but it can at least take the chill off in the bathroom.  :ThumbUp:  I also have plenty of  canisters of propane this year.   :yesssss: 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #72 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:56:12 AM »
Sounds like you are all set then.  Hopefully you will not need any of it though.

Offline patches

« Reply #73 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:00:29 AM »
Actually, snow never cause many problems,  :smileyNo: except for driving.  It's the ice I'm worried about.  :SmileyFear:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #74 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
They I will hope for snow.  Will be looking for you tomorrow to see that you are safe.  Until then... sleep well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal