Author Topic: SO do you SEW? 5  (Read 14326 times)

christy

Re: SO do you SEW? 5
« Reply #50 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:34:32 AM »
 :clap:  thats great rita! your own pace to work in,  id love to have my own craft room,

MassMama

« Reply #51 on: Dec 21, 2007, 06:35:25 AM »
It is nice to have the space  but I am not a big fan of the cellar. I hope I don't slack off on that account  :rolleyes1:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #52 on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »
Is the celar finished off, carpet n stuff, or really just a cellar, cinder block style? Move the living room to the cellar and make that your sewing room! :idea:
:laughmao: :laughmao:
No, really, natural light is very helpful to me when coordinating color fabrics & threads.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #53 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »
Yep looks like a prison down there I am embarrassed to even photo it..
I have scatter rugs and some good lights but it is cynder block walls mostly  :yikes: Prisons probably look better  :Blush:

christy

« Reply #54 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »
rita im sure it looks just fine, you could paint the walls [bricks] white to brighten it up too,
my office at work is in the basement along with a bunch of others n there nice n bright.

MassMama

« Reply #55 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:58:37 AM »
when Keith was in a band he put up this ugly sound board. and wrote all over it .. It will not come off the walls he used liquid nails on the walls  :rolleyes1: the barrel for oil and the furnace is down there too as well as the washer and dryer.. It is not a room that is really ment for much more than storage

christy

« Reply #56 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »
theres this paint [cant remember what its called] that gose over anything n what ever it gose over dosnt bleed through it, they used it at work when they painted panling walls.  or you could just build new walls,  if ya get enough light in there thats all that matters, n you have your own space!! lucky you!  i have all my stuff cramed under a lil table in the living room,   :laughmao:  not that it realy matters to me since i do whatever werever im at,  but a room to put n organize it all would be great.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #57 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:03:50 AM »
That paint is KILZ....it does cover everything, but would Keith have a fit to have his artwork covered?? :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #58 on: Dec 23, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »
 :ScratchHead: artwork?  :Whis: Not sure you could call it art work more like graphiti.. and a bunch of RIP signs from a huge halloween party..
Killz would kill me with the lack of ventalation down there I will take some pics  :rofl1:

Ok here are the clickables
I didn't take more cause it is still way messy down there
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:21:36 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #59 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:01:47 PM »
I grew up and live in southern California. Very few cellars or basements here. Whenever I see one I see wonderful, usable space. Even storage is cool. When I lived back east, I divvied up my apartment basement with mattress boxes for walls. Storage on one side. Tossed a carpet on the floor of the other side and put most of the kids toys down there. They had a great playroom.
When we bought a house, I started to finish off the attic for my own space. I never did get to finish that project. 
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

christy

« Reply #60 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »
looks like a good room rita! lots of space, i see orbs! wonder if there dust/light or not cause looks like the have a white ring around em

kilts! thats it tonya!! works wonders.

MassMama

« Reply #61 on: Dec 24, 2007, 07:45:42 AM »
judging by the layers of dust everywhere I would say dust for sure.  :Blush:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #62 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »
Lol! Probably!
Uh, Rita...... is that a DISCO ball hanging from the ceiling?

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #63 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »
Yep it still works Wrennie  :laughmao: Ya know its for when I am feeling bad about missing my prom  :Whis: :laughmao:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #64 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
Yep it still works Wrennie  :laughmao: Ya know its for when I am feeling bad about missing my prom  :Whis: :laughmao:

....... and the bed? thats for?? .......  :Whis:

Oh wait! I know! To be sure the quilts lay right when on a bed!  :ThumbUp:
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2007, 04:24:34 PM by Wrennie »

MassMama

« Reply #65 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
 :thspeechless-vi: Ummm ummm Well now that you mention it..  :spitcoffee-vi: its my moms  :rolleyes1: Ain't NOTHING ever going to be going on down there  :cringe:

christy

« Reply #66 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »
 :laughmao:   :Whis:

update pics for ya
i got all the blocks sewed together n black border on, im not puttin the green border on till i quilt the blocks, that way i dont gotta work around all the meterial n still havent decided if i wanna applique anythin in,

n the cat quilt, i got dixies marking tacked on, im usin black n white thread to applique him in to blend the colors in,,hopefuly it looks better when im done
n this is a pic of dixies back so ya can see his markings, he wasnt helpin to pose for me  :rolleyes1: when his backs all the way to ya you cant see his white front side, just his ears,shoulders, n the ring around his tail. n his paws are white.
think i might of made his spot to small, maybe i should use black thread for it, think i will...

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:22:45 PM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #67 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:09:42 PM »
Rita, you have a very good space to use as a crafting area. You could "finish" the basement and claim it as your own space. No males allowed. That includes hubby and kids! :laugh1:

Wow, Christy! What beautiful work you do... :)

I wish I had 1/10th of the talent that all of you have! :grinnnn:
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007, 07:16:45 AM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #68 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
I would love to Dianna but with all that Guitar stuff down there.. It would be hard to kick Keith out and still have a resembalnce of a house!  :laughmao: With his 3 guitars and all the stuff to go with them :o

Christy you really do have a LOT of talent! I sure hope I get as good as you one day!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #69 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:41:05 AM »
 :Wow: I love the cat quilt, Christy!!! Your black and green one is awesome, too!!!  :clap: One day- I will get back to work on mine....

christy

« Reply #70 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
 :grinnnn: thanks n rita you do have alot of talent!!!  i love your demin quilts,!

tonya hope you get time for your apple core quilt, even if ya do one here n there the pices add up before ya know it, somedays ill work alot on a quilt n some days only a few stichindg, n some days not at all,
heres the pattern ill be doin with the mechine, the block is called clays choise, not somthing im big into, busy with the other two, but if im playin  with the mechine ill use the blocks for this pattern, all  solidcolor scraps.  for practice n if they turn out all right ill put em up for the quilt,
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:23:25 PM by Dianna »

MassMama

« Reply #71 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »
But you can see it before it is done..  :wink5: that is your big talent christy you can build design sew and  everything..  :Whis: I just copy your instructions.. you have taught me so much thank you :-*
How are you liking the machine? sounds like you two are finally getting along

christy

« Reply #72 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:53:09 PM »
 :Blush:  thanks rita   :Blush:  just like drawin n coloring from my kid days ill proublry never out grow,   :Blush:

n you been a big help n insperation for me n my mechine  :NewHug:  thanks
 :BigGrin:  were getting along fine now, few times i didnt make sure it had enough thread n it unthreaded its self,  :waiting:   :laughmao:  i just re thread n start over,

:ThumbUp: copy anything i post

heres a lattice pattern,  if ya want it for a someday project, i dont know the name of the block, just somthin i played with in paint,
at first i thought of using flower fabrics were the green blocks are,
then i thought of using light flower fabrics for the white lattice blocks n  dark solid green for the green blocks.
i could do both it is on my someday list  :giggle:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:23:38 PM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #73 on: Dec 29, 2007, 12:59:07 AM »
There are a lot of talented people on this forum and you are one of them, Rita. Don't sell yourself short. I loved your denim quilts... :grinnnn:

Christy, I wish I could learn to use the paint program like you do. I have been experimenting with it, using it for my seed packs, and I get so frustrated with it. Rita is right. You have a great eye for design... :ThumbUp:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

christy

« Reply #74 on: Dec 29, 2007, 02:46:23 AM »
 :Blush:  thanks dianna,  yep theres alot of members with some great talent here  :ThumbUp:
i just draw out a graph in paint in the blocks,  heres a house n tree one,
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:24:19 PM by Dianna »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal