Beyond The Spirits > In The News

Sad Day!!!

(1/3) > >>

patches:
Well, I don't know how many of you were following the report issued today by by Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, but it's a sad day for baseball!   :crying:

I was able to see most of it because the exam schedule left my afternoon free until 4:00.  of course, the good thing about the investigaton is that there are going to some positive changes with regard to how to stay on top of the drug use by baseball players.  Fortunatly, none of my favorite Cardinal players were on the list.   :yesssss: 

Triss:
I caught that last night Patti and it is so sad.  So many heroes that children look up to and they are hurting themselves so badly with their drug use.  I hope all of the major sports leagues crack down hard on these men and women who are abusing drugs. 

patches:
Well, the whole hero thing is the saddest part, Triss!  :Crybaby2:  These are people that our young children look up to and they are setting a terrible example.   :SmileyFit:   :Vent:

Of course, one name that didn't even surprise me or upset me was John Rocker.  :smileyNo: In my mind, his attitude and his comments were a big disgrace to baseball.  :thpullhairout: 

Triss:
We really do not follow baseball a whole lot but in general drugs and professional sports have gotten totally out of control.  My kids know my stand on this and I never pull a punch when I talk to them about it and how I feel about the whole situation.  I can only pray that they all follow a path that will keep them far away from drugs.

jv:
One thing that has me confused is when this first came out Sammy Sossa was on it which no body was surprised by but the next day his name was nowhere to be found at least on any of the area media reports .  Congress is going to look into this I thought the defunct Congress had a country they are supposed to argue about and try to pass at least one bill before their term expires. Just my opinion.
Wonder why Ted Kennedy's name wasn't on the list anyone seen his head lately  :rofl1:one thing the players need to under stand don't lie to congress they (both parties) don't like anyone  that can out lie and cover up better then they do. :laughmao:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version