Author Topic: How's Your Weather #3  (Read 30017 times)

Offline Tonya

How's Your Weather #3
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:23:25 AM »
Here we go....post away- the other one is full! Me- I am ready for Spring!!  :dancingbunny:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: How's Your Weather #3
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:25:33 AM »
What happened to Fall this year?

It is cold here this morning. 29*. I don't like cold.... :(

Thanks for starting up another one, Tonya.  :-* I didn't even notice the other was full... ::)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »
My back yard this morning, and keep in mind that the fence is 5 feet high, and thats not a snow drift either

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »
Well, I finally ventured outside today and here a picture I took of some of results of our snowstorm.  :yikes:  It has totally covered my raised bed as well as cage on top that is filled with straw to protect my strawberry plants.   :wink5:

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2007, 06:45:04 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:32:33 AM »
Cold and crisp here. 29* when I woke up. Killed my huge Pothos and Schefflera. :Crybaby: **sigh** Stupid Doug was supposed to move his cherry(antique) table so I could bring them in and didn't, so I had no room to bring them in. :Crybaby2:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »
That is so sad Tonya. 

It is raining and windy here, we are expecting another major storm to be going all day today with high winds, lots of rain and they are forecasting 3 feet of snow in the mountains.  I hope it stays cold or we are going to have more flooding.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:21:01 PM »
Oh, Tonya, I'm so sorry you lost your plants.  I don't know anything about your Pothos, but years ago my Schefflera got bit by freezing temperatures and it looked pretty pathetic.  :yikes:  But, I brought it inside and it came back for me.  :yesssss:  I don't know if it will even help, but it's at least worth a try.  :wink5:

we are expecting another major storm to be going all day today with high winds, lots of rain and they are forecasting 3 feet of snow in the mountains.

Hey, Triss, keep us posted on what happens.   :wink5:  I think that could be the storm they're expecting us to get this week-end.   :unsure:
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 02:32:54 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2007, 06:09:34 AM »
were getting about 4 more inches now.. Not that what we needed any more but... Can't fight with the weather :rolleyes1:

Offline patches

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »
Oh, Rita, I'm really sorry to hear that, but you don't have any ice do you?  :SmileyQmarks:  No, you can't fight the weather, but you can complain about it and sometimes that helps you feel better! :rofl1: I  hope you don't get too much so it ruins your Christmas plans. 

It's above freezing here and supposed to warm up more tomorrow, so I hope it gets rid of all this snow before we get some more this week-end.  :SmileyFit:  Fortunately, a lot of it is melting already.  Here's a picture I took yesterday with one of the limbs that came down with the storm and snow.   :(

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007, 07:41:25 AM by patches »

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
Well, can you believe the snow is all gone, except for the mountain at the back of my yard from where they plowed the parking lot!  :yikes:  It's already up to 48 degrees right now and they're predicting a high of 53 today.  :yesssss:  Geesh, this is only 4 days befpre Christmas, so it looks like we're not going to be celebrating with a white Christmas this year,  :smileyNo:  but, who knows with all the crazy weather we've been having lately.    :nutz:
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007, 02:05:07 PM by patches »

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2007, 09:32:23 PM »
Everyone had doors open yesterday. Went by my girlfriends house she had front and back doors open and she and her kids were wearing shorts. This morning was 60 until about noon wind switched from a south wind to a strong north wind about 50 mph in an hour it was 36 and still is right now no shorts today heavy coats and heat on.

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:47:35 AM »
Hey, Jimmy, it got up to 55 degrees here today, and I was running around in a light jacket.  :yesssss:  Unfortunatley, things changed rather quickly this evening, and I drove home from my daughter's in sleet and freezing cold temperatures.  Right now, it's 28 degrees, but the wind is blowing at 24 mph, so the wind chill is 14!  :yikes:
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007, 03:49:14 AM by patches »

MassMama

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:36:56 AM »
that 4 inches turned into 10 inches  :Wow: We have lots of the stuff to share! there is about 2 feet in my yard.It would be close to 3 feet but we got some of the ice storm last week that packed it down..  it is suppose to get in the 50's today and rain. I hope it don't cause any flooding over the holiday.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »
We have a forecast of 100% chance of rain today high of 45*, 100% chance of rain and snow tonight. Flood, high winds and hazardous outlook warnings.
Gee lets go C shopping at Wrennies!!  :Crybaby2:
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007, 08:17:05 AM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
Geesh, Rita & Wrennie, I'm sorry to hear that about the snow!  :(  Of course, the snow will really be beautiful for Christmas as long as it's not going to interfere with any of your plans.  :wink5: Are either of you doing any traveling for Christmas?   :SmileyQmarks:
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007, 03:30:42 PM by patches »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »
Not me. I'm getting up Christmas morning, putting on some reaaaaaly comfy clothes and relaxing aaaaaaaaaall day.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »
Wrennie, that sounds like a good plan, especially with the weather you've got there.   :wink5:  Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's house  to celebrate Christmas Eve, but it only takes about 15-20 minutes to get there and so far our weather is okay with nothing in the forecast.  :yesssss:  A few years ago when we got a bad snow and ice storm and it took me over an hour to get there, then closer to 2 hours to get back home.  :thpullhairout:  Christmas Day I'm going to my daughter's, and she lives right here in town so that won't be a problem for me either.  ;)   
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007, 07:47:12 PM by patches »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:14:40 PM »
Its clear and sunny today! relatively warm, compared to the past week.

Offline patches

« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2007, 12:40:07 AM »
Hey, I'm happy to report that we had some wonderful weather for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!  :banana02:  It was sunny both days, a little cold yesterday, but no snow or ice to contend with so it wasn't too bad!  Well, today it actualy got up to 52 degrees this afternoon, so it was great.  :Yahoo: Of course, tonight it's down to 26 right now, but I'm home and snug as a bug in a rug, so it doesn't even bother me.  :Whis:  I hope everyone had some good weather for all their Christmas celebrations.   ;)

Offline Patty S

« Reply #19 on: Dec 26, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »
We had off & on rain all weekend & over Christmas, which is normal for here this time of year. Temps have dipped into the mid to low 30's a couple times, but that never usually lasts very long. (hours.) Snow was forecast at 500 feet for last night, so I went out & covered up several things in the garden yesterday, that I hadn't gotten the chance to do before now. Roseburg sits at 465 feet, but we're on a bluff overlooking the city, so we're up there, somewhere around today's snow line. 
:idea: (Gotta check with my new GPS & see if it shows elevation.)

Ten minutes ago, it was 37° & this is what was happening...

Pretty, but it wasn't sticking.

Right now it's 42° & the sun is shining bright on everything that's wet! :nutz:

When LaRelle came in to work this morning from 15 miles south, she said there was 3" of snow at her house. Friends 20 miles to the north say they've been getting snow for the past 5 days.

Yay microclimate!  :yesssss:  :yay_jump:  :Yahoo:
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007, 01:17:53 PM by Patty S »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:12:11 PM »
We have rain! :yay_jump: :yay_jump: :yay_jump:

We need it so badly. I am just glad that it didn't rain while we had the family celebration going on here on Saturday...

The only snow I want to see is the kind like Rita sent me. Y'all keep that cold stuff where you have it.... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
Rained and windy this morning. Cleared off this afternoon never got out of the high 40's it is 42 now wind 33mph out of the North. Calling for snow flurries north of us around the Red River not expected here but this is Texas always expect the unexpected.

Offline patches

« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:55:29 PM »
Yay microclimate!

Yes, Patty, I know all about your microclimate and sure do envy you because you can do what everyone around you can't even dream of doing.   :SmileyFit: 

Actually, we're doing pretty well around here with some milder than normal temperatures, so I'm enjoying it while I can! :yesssss:  I can't believe that it got up to 50 degrees today, but it's dropping to freezing tonight.  :Whis:  I figure every day we get like this will help to keep the heating costs down and that's plus!  :wink5:
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2007, 12:00:31 AM by patches »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
It snowed for a few minute this morning, just enough to cover the horizontal surfaces with a dusting. Now its raining.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »
Been snowing here on and off since Christmas.  A couple of inches on the ground with the grass still showing though.  Unfortunately there is rain in the forecast for this week so it will all be gone before we know it.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal