Author Topic: SO do you SEW? 5  (Read 14329 times)

christy

Re: SO do you SEW? 5
« Reply #75 on: Dec 29, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »
this ones a tad bit diffrent, its a family tree, the white blocks are were i wanna put pics.[maybe applique green frames around the pics] n i scrap quilt so it will be like all the blocks in the tree will be brown but diffrent tons n patterns of brownfabrics, as with the greens n blues,  if ya wanna use all the same fabric with each color just replace the blocks that are same color halfs with one Hole block.

i got this idea off those lil metal trees nick nacks that holds pitchure charms,
i also thought about doing this in diffrent colors, like usin golds/bronz for the tree, silver n white,light greys for the green n black for the blue.

:ScratchHead: i bet if i made just the tree top n a bit bigger i could do kinda a mudussa head   :giggle:  or a face in the tree n add arms n legs,  :idea:  :giggle:  :laughmao:  i could see my kids faces at the ends of mudussas head instead of snakes!!!  :laughmao:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:24:45 PM by Dianna »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #76 on: Dec 29, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
I really like that tree one... and there are even enough spots for my whole family in there.  Gonna save that one!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

MassMama

« Reply #77 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »
I am going to have to figure out the Paint program.. I am sure once that is done it would be a lot easier to come up with some ideas, if I knew what I was doing  :Whis:

christy

« Reply #78 on: Dec 30, 2007, 01:35:44 AM »
wish i knew how to copy the tool bar! i tryed n all i did was move it around   :Wacko:
bacicaly ya open paint n there should be a tool bar n color bar, if not click on view to show em. 
use the stright line tool to make a graph of how many blocks ya want,  then save it by either clickin on the file button at the top left corner n click save as. or x out n it will ask ya if you want to save changes or not,  [i have a folder in my documents i save em all in] its just like when ya save pics or gifs.

go to your folder with the graph n copy n past you graph a few times, always keep one blank graph so ya dont have ta keep makin em.  ya can just copy it if ya wanna do another.
right click on one of your copys n click open with paint, n use the paint bucket lookin tool to paint in your blocks. n stright line tool for any half blocks. then "save as"it back into your folder n rename it

my paint dont always work well, ill use the bucket n it dont fill in the hole block,  :thpullhairout:  so i use the brush tool to do it , its like coloring in the block instead of just one click with the bucket,  n to save time cause i dont wanna have to color in each block , ill copy it with the select button,[ looks like a dotted square. top right corner in the tool bar] ckick on it n fram your brushed colored block, right click n copy, ,,right click n past,  your pasted copy will be in the left hand corner just drag it in your graph were ya want it,
n for some odd reason the bucket tool works fine in a brushed block, so ill keep copys of a extra blocks to the side  to use for changin colors n copyin n pastin

i havent fixed the paint job in this one so ya can see what i mean

hope all my blaberin helped   :giggle:  if not there should be a help botton in your paint,  i played around a long time before i got the hang of it,   :grinnnn:  its fun to play anyhow
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:25:51 PM by Dianna »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #79 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »
Oooooooooooooh! Thats how you did it!
In Paint you can click on view, then zoom then show grid and a graph paper type screen comes up, but the squares are tiny.So you go back click on view, zoom, custom and can enlarge to 800%. But theyre still too small for my eyes. Maybe I can use that to make an even larger graph to start with.
I used to use colored pencils and actul paper graph paper to make designs with.

OK I went and tried that and it looks funny in the graph paper screen but i hit view then normal size for the zoom and it worked well.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2007, 11:06:18 AM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #80 on: Dec 30, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
you can copy my graph n save it in a file for makin patterns 4in blocks n added border will make a bed quilt or 2in blocks for a throw.

i use a tablet book n draw graphs in it n graph paper, depens what i got, i just like to put them in the puter cause somthing grts spilled or whatever, lol with kids ya learn, bb sees drawings she wants to ummm help!  :shock:
  hubs gots me a big folder to keep em all in mostly appliquein drawings landscape ideas, n blocks patterns, think its called a profolio file keeper thing.
 n cds to copy what i got in puter,   :Yahoo:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:26:13 PM by Dianna »

christy

« Reply #81 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »
 :shock:  i put my cat quilt up n cant remember were i put it!  :ScratchHead:
so i cut some more bloks out for the clayschoise, think i only need 40 more half white blocks,  so on hold till i get more whit fabric,
n i played with my block desighns, puttin em in a photobucket album
now to find were i put the cat!  :smack:
heres my patterns if ya wanna see

Christy's Original patterns

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008, 08:46:14 AM by Rita »

MassMama

« Reply #82 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:07:24 AM »
WOW Christy you have some Nice patterns.. I like the yo yo and the bits and pieces! Very nice work you do..  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #83 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
I agree!! You are very talented with the whole quilting/crafty thing. You should get into selling your patterns- probably good money there! :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #84 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
Oooh, make them into a book. Christys Book of Quilt Patterns!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #85 on: Jan 03, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »
 :Blush: thanks gals! i do plan to get a few registerd copyrighted. need to fix the printer.  i have more just need to get em in paint,
there already copyrighted found that out lookin up info, guess soon as you put your idea on paper [form] its copyrighted as yours. but registering them is better, so i will n well see were it gose from there,  :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »
 :banana02:  i got my cat quilt back!!!  i can work on it again!!  :yesssss:

:ScratchHead:  dont know were it was, bb just came over n handed it to me  :shock:    :unsure:  :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
 :thspeechless-vi: maybe she was hidding it from you?  I am happy you finally found it .. Can't wait to see it finished.. Ohh And can I add your pics to a quilt thread I am going to start?  :BigGrin:

christy

« Reply #88 on: Jan 04, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »
  :laughmao:   i was wonderin what she was doing with it n were she had it, but doutful ill get answers   :laughmao:  i tore this place apart lookin for it!  :ScratchHead:  :shock:  she must gotta secret hiddin spot!  :laughmao:

:ThumbUp: shure you can add my pics  :grinnnn:

MassMama

« Reply #89 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
I SCORED!! I got about 300 Pre Cut satin squares from Lining swatches at work today. I am so Thrilled they are about 6x6 when I cut them out.. this would make a great backing or quilt itself.. Just wondering which route I will take .. Ohhh a reversable!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #90 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:11:52 PM »
Oh wow Rita, that sure is an awesome score!!!  How lucky for you!  I cannot wait to see what you do with them all.

I am back to working on my quilt now that I blasted through all of my Christmas crocheting and projects.  Taking a break before I get back into baby afghans.

MassMama

« Reply #91 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
I am soo  :yay_jump: Happy and to think they were going to toss them in the trash :naughty: :naughty: Not on my watch  :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #92 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »
Bet they know now to save stuff like that for you.  What a waste it would have been to trash them.

MassMama

« Reply #93 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »
you sure keep busy I don't know how you find the time Triss!!  :shock:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #94 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »
Cool, Rita. You lucked out. Satiny things are not my favorites to work with. Are they washable?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #95 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
Oh a little here, a little there.  I got quite a bit of time the last few nights cuz the family was watching a Monk marathon (ICK) so I closed myself in the bedroom with my tunes going and sewed then ironed then sewed some more.  I am getting pretty close to having the blocks all made.

MassMama

« Reply #96 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
I was looking at the stack with stars in my eyes .. "Is this trash? " she said yes and I said I could make something out of this and she  :idea1: Ohh good idea i will take a few of those myself  :Crybaby:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #97 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »
Well bummer about her taking some as well.  Do you have a pic of all the pieces laid out?  We are about ready for a new topic and that would be a nice way to start it out.

MassMama

« Reply #98 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
It is washable. I am not a big fan of slick material either but I love to sleep on it  :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal