Beyond The Spirits > In The News

The climbing prices of food

(1/5) > >>

barleychown:
Found this article today. For those of us already pinching every penny, things are looking bleak when it comes to the prices of food. I know I will be putting in a garden that is at least double the size of last years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/18/business/18food.html?ex=1355634000&en=0f476f8f558d3d5e&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

patches:
Interesting article, Sarah, but very depressing!  :(  Of course, I really didn't need to see an article to know that dairy and bread products (among other things) were soaring through the roof, since I'm reminded of that every time I got the the store, but I guess it gives a better perspective on things.  :unsure:  Thanks for posting it!   :thx:

Triss:
It is very interesting and sure makes you want to go out and start farming just to save your own family some money.  It is sad that in the end it is all of us who have to pay more for just the basics to feed our families.

MassMama:
I think we need to buy a big ole piece of land and make a farming village for ourselves  :SmileyNailbiting: sheesh gas food oil where the heck is it going to end.. Can freeze and preserve all summer and raise some chickens pigs and cows for foods and fertalizers .. :ThumbUp: then I am all hopped on cough medicine  :nutz:

Triss:
Cough meds or not... it is a really good plan!  With a lot of people co-oping together, can you just imagine the savings...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version