Author Topic: wood burning  (Read 11938 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: wood burning
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
I can hardly wait to see the finished product. Who ever gets to keep it will be pleased, I'm sure.
This is me ->?

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:15:58 AM »
this is M&M clock did for my wife's mom. This only took me 1 hour from start to finish. It took me longer to find right size piece of wood to do the project, lol .  :BigGrin:
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

christy

« Reply #27 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:03:22 AM »
jayrod do you have a bigger pic? i bet she loved it.

MassMama

« Reply #28 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:08:47 AM »
It is a bit hard to see  :Watching: ... but you can see she Loved it  :ThumbUp:

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #29 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:44:30 AM »
Unfortunatly I do not have a bigger picture , the picture is from christmas of 2005. I will be able top get one next week and I will post the picture.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

MassMama

« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »
Its OK We can wait!! Looks interesting so far as I can see!!
 :ScratchHead: How are you uploading your pics just out of curiosity? are you using Photobucket and are you choosing a size that is for message boards? or are you uploading them as avitar size? :dunno: just wondering :wink5:
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 08:41:28 PM by Rita »

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2008, 11:29:40 PM »
I am actually using photobucket, but I didnt resize the picture. I took the picture with my wife's camera wich looks like a square box with a lens, I might have had it on a diffrent picture size.

MassMama

« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2008, 07:04:18 AM »
I was just checking because that was a mistake that I had made before  :Blush: right after they changed photo bucket ..  :razberry:

christy

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »
found some patterns jayrod  hows your table commin along?
http://www.woodburner.com/myegallery.php?&do=showgall&gid=1

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:35:44 PM »
I havent got a table or started yet, we are in the process of packing up to move into our mobile home but the good thing is I will have a room to were i can work on it when I get the table. :yesssss:    :thx: for the link to the patterns I am going to look at them soon as I can away from work and packing.

Offline notherdigger

« Reply #35 on: Apr 21, 2008, 10:52:31 PM »
     I have been a fan of that kind of woodburning for years and years.  I don't do it but I have old Mother Earth News mags from 20 or 25 years back and some guy did a whole article on his work on rounds of wood, some really big pieces and it is awesome and from what I have seen your work is pretty darn good too.  Thanks for sharing, its always good to see the product of truly talented artists at work, inspiring.  I wish I had that kind of talent but it ain't gonna happen.  Good luck with your project.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #36 on: Apr 23, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »
Scenes I would like:

I love the lotus flower in the pond with a frog sitting on a lily pad with a little decorative waterwheel sitting in the back ground for a scene.  With maybe some tall ornamental grasses on the edge of the pond.

Or the Buddest Temple with a zen garden in the foreground.

Or a jungle theme with all the animals like that one artist was doing awhile back. 

Or an ocean scene with dolphins leaping up in the air.

Or a clipper ship that would be cool.

Or a grotto.

Or your favorite comic strip that might be fun.

Or a mountain scene with a big old bull elk in the foreground.

My mind is really humming with ideas isn't it lol.  I suppose it is because I'm getting an old wood desk from my landlord when I move and I'm intending to do a scene on the top and then covering it with a piece of glass. 

I'm definitely of the opinion that things should be decorative as well as functional.  For mine I'm thinking of doing a story board of the major events of my life.  Rather ego centric but hey why not.  It will be in my den so noone will see it.  Probably not even me since I'll have a blotter and other desk-y things sitting on top of it.

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #37 on: Apr 29, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »
I finally got a picture of the wood burn I did as a clock, it did take me a awhile to get but, since I got a camera phone now I remembered to get the picture.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #38 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »
Cool pic!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #39 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
Very nice, Jayrod! :ThumbUp:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
Nice picture, Jayrod. Is that a plain or a peanut?
This is me ->?

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »
I do beleive its the red plain m&m guy...... I going to do another clock for me,my wife, and daughter........ the daughters is going to be something Hanna Montana, the wifes is going to something with horses, and mine is going to be Coca- Cola since I collect Coca Cola things.

<update sorta> I am still looking for naked/ unfinished table to wood burn, and still waiting on what my friend from work can draw for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal