Gardening > Ponds

My Little Puddle

(1/17) > >>

Dianna:

I ought to be ashamed to tell you what I did to my little puddle at the end of last year. I will show you a picture, though, when I get it down/up loaded to help explain it....

In the meantime, when am I supposed to start feeding Samson and Delilah again? They sure are looking hungry out there....

Jim:

--- Quote from: Dianna on Mar 10, 2007, 01:42:20 AM ---I ought to be ashamed to tell you what I did to my little puddle at the end of last year. I will show you a picture, though, when I get it down/up loaded to help explain it....

--- End quote ---

Yep, the mulched area around the pond has the greenest grass within 20 miles. I've already mowed it once!

Dianna:

Since the hay worked so well as mulch for me last Spring, I thought I would try to mulch with again at the end of winter. I picked up a bale at the feed store and put it into the trunk of the car. Jim said he would bring me more, if I needed it. He brought me three bales home in the truck.

I didn't take into account that the bales I used the previous Spring had been setting up for a year (since the wedding) and that the seeds died during that year. Let me tell you that those fresh bales had really viable seeds! ;D

Jim mowed around the pond for me a couple of days ago. I told him we need to spread hay around all eight acres to have the prettiest lawn around!

Anyway, I will definitely be finding something different to mulch with this year... :D

Penny:
Hey...how cute,....I'll take that little puddle ;D

Dianna:
I just added some real plants to the pond day before yesterday:

Louisiana Iris, Mini Cattails, and Calla Lily

I can't wait til they grow. They were sprouting in the pots we bought them in!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version