Author Topic: cat ~n~ mouse  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
cat ~n~ mouse
« on: Mar 12, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »
I wake up monday morning with just 1 cat sitting on me. Hmm, I wonder where the other 3 are. They're usually the ones sleeping on me in the morning.
So, I come down and all 3 are intently staring at the wood pile next to the wood stove. Turns out they were doing the same when BF got up at 4:30. We get home from work, and they are still hunting around the pile. Now they've broken off into shifts. We didn't see or hear anything, but the cats obviously did.
About 9:30 last night I'm sitting watching tv, and ...zip... ...zip... ...zip... 1 little gray mouse being chased by 2 gray cats.
Now 3 of my cats are not the greatest hunters. They'll catch a mouse and then play hacky sack with it for quite a while. No mouse torturing on my watch cats. So I run into the kitchen and grab a small metal bowl to trap the little vermin in.
The doorway to my office has a curtain for a door. I ran in there since thats where the cat mouse parade ran, and the little guy is about 4 1/2 feet up the curtain. Which actually made him easier to catch than if he ran under something. I scooped him up, repeated stayinthebowl, stayinthebowl, stayinthebowl, as i went for the front door to evict him. I didnt want him running up my arm thanks. And out the door he went.
I woke with 4 cats around me tuesday morning. Guess he didn't have any friends with him.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: cat ~n~ mouse
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:33:53 AM »
Funny story to wake up to. Wrennie. I had a mouse run up my arm once when I was reaching into the dogfood bag. Happened 30 years ago. I don't want it happening ever again.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 12:25:48 AM »
Hey, I loved your story, Wrennie; but I would love to see the video!  :rofl1:  Unwanted critters in the house  :yikes:  always make for an interesting day or sometimes more if you don't manage to catch them on the first try!  ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:23:22 AM »
I scooped him up, repeated stayinthebowl, stayinthebowl, stayinthebowl, as i went for the front door to evict him.

That was fast thinking, Wrennie, but what would you have done if the mouse didn't stay in the bowl? I think I would have had to change britches, myself! :laughmao:

My kids always had hamsters while they were growing up. Don't know why the thought of them didn't bother me, but I always drew the line on them having the little mice as pets. Sort of weird, I know, but the thought of rodents with tails really botherered me... ::)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:33:10 AM »
You would have heard me screaming all the way down there Dianna! :laughmao:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tonya

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:08:55 AM »
I just love this story! I can see myself doing the "stayinthebowl" part! :laughpound: :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:32:26 AM »
Wrennie, you are quite a bit braver than me... I would be hollering at teh cats to do their job and getthemouse, getthemouse, getthemouse...

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal