Author Topic: So Do You Sew?.....8  (Read 18942 times)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: So Do You Sew?.....8
« Reply #50 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »
Looks great Sarah.....another good project!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:47:16 AM »
That looks fantastic, Sarah Loo! :Wow:

Don't you have time to fit me in the schedule to make the couch cushions for me? :BigGrin: You are very talented...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »
That is a really clever idea. Did you have a pattern?
This is me ->?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #53 on: Jan 07, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
That is an awesome bag (cat guts and all). Better than the cheapos you were looking at in WM. That should last her a good long time and no one else will ever have the same bag. And you can tell it is a girl's bag which is really quite cool. 
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
I sorta had a pattern.  It was based off of this thread on craftster.  I used different measurements to make it larger, so Rachael could use it as she gets older (and her clothes take up more room). 

Dianna, I would have to have your cushions here, so I could make sure they fit right.  You want to FedEx those to KS?   :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #55 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Great work on that bag.  I know she is going to get a lot of use out of it and no other girl will have one like hers.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
Great job on that bag. I like how all the different materials came together. You are very talented.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Tonya

« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »
You did a fantastic job Sarah!! She is gonna have that for a long time and will love it because it is one of a kind!! :ThumbUp: I wish I had your talent for things!!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
Thanks!  :Blush:  Rachael just loves it and started preemptive packing last night.  She is so funny sometimes!

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
that's a great looking duffle.  Where are you guys going camping?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
Thanks!  We are going "camping" at a brand-new girl scout facility in Clearwater KS.  The building we are in is something like 2 years old, has a loft with 15 bunk beds, fireplace on main level, huge tables, fully stocked kitchen, bathrooms, showers, couches, and a woodpile.  It's not really camping.  I used to hike up mountains in CO with my family, and sleep under the stars with a poncho to keep the rain off, this is just a sleepover in my opinion.  But the girls will love it and it's all I will do during cold weather.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »
I went camping with the girl scouts when my daughter was in the troop.  We camped in tents out by Carowinds.  Girl Scouts is a good thing.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
I finally made myself a tote today.  I was getting so sick of carrying my purse (ugh, I hate carrying that thing anyway!), clipboard, papers, an overfilled binder, and little mini-notebooks for PTA projects.  I was intending on making this tomorrow because Lindsay only has a half day of school.  Unfortunately, I am working the bookfair from 8-3:30 (except for an hour lunch), doing Girl scouts from 3:30-5:00, and then attending the school Reading Night (5-7) tomorrow.  Essentially I have no time tomorrow! 

I learned an awesome new technique called Kanzashi -- essentially fabric origami that makes lovely flowers.  (Can you smell Girl scout project??)  I think it turned out okay but with practice it's sure to improve! 

I had to include the pic of my cat scoping things out!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »
Great job, Sarah Loo! :ThumbUp:

I hate carrying a pocketbook. Mine is the size of a medium wallet with a long strap so I can just sling it on and go... :giggle:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #64 on: Jan 27, 2009, 12:14:36 AM »
I like the looks of your tote, Sarah. If it doesn't fit in my pockets I don't want to carry it. I remember unloading my purse one time and looking at all of the stuff. My husband-of-the-time's spare glasses, match box cars, little girl doll stuff, crayons, his checkbook, papers for everything that had nothing to do with me, family snacks, etc. Little was mine and I got tired of being the family pack mule. That was about 30 years ago. I stopped. If I am doing a longer trip and really need something to tote I have a fanny pack, leather, that I love and it only holds the things I need and not a lot of room for spares. Pockets are my friends.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:03:18 AM »
Great job, Sarah Loo! :ThumbUp:
I hate carrying a pocketbook. Mine is the size of a medium wallet with a long strap so I can just sling it on and go... :giggle:

I would lose that in a heartbeat!  Set it in a grocery cart, on the floor somewhere, heck just drop the thing!  I keep very little in my purse and have been wanting to go back to just carrying a wallet - but a wallet is much easier to misplace than a purse...

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #66 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:13:53 AM »
If the kitchen sink isn't in it I didn't pack it right lol.  Ok so I like being a pack mule.  I hate being without my stuff.  And it is all mine.  Book, Notepad, file folders for meetings when necessary, wallet, both checkbooks, Sun Glasses, Reading glasses, Seeing glasses, Mobile phone that I need to change, incomming and outgoing mail.  Keys, don't forget the keys.  Comb, extra hair clip, lip balm.  I've got it all stuck in there.  And I love having it all even if finding any one item can be interesting.

Love your tote it looks nice.  I think the fabric choice was wonderful.

I've still got my dress sitting on the desk waiting for me to get to it.  I will, I will, I'm just slow when I don't have the correct space to do something.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #67 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
Awesome bag Sarah!  Love the colors and the style.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »
Great job! And it has the kitty sniff of approval!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #69 on: Jan 27, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »
very nice.  I don't sew at all and am amazed when people can make stuff.  What is in the pockets?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
I keep very little in my purse and have been wanting to go back to just carrying a wallet - but a wallet is much easier to misplace than a purse...

The wallet has a long strap, Sarah Loo. I just put the strap around my neck and underneath my arm and I don't have to worry about losing it because it is attached to me... :BigGrin:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
Love it Sarah....nice job!

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 28, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
Nice tote, Sarah. The cat ain't bad either.
This is me ->?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm glad you all like my kitty -- I'm kinda fond of him myself. 

The big pocket has my sunglasses (in their case) in it and the little pocket is sub-divided to accommodate 4 pens upright and tight -- so they don't fall out and get lost in there. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #74 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
very cool pens.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal