Author Topic: Landscaping with Steppables  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Patty S

Landscaping with Steppables
« on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
I'm forever picking Sarah-bc's brain for landscaping ideas, cuz she has such a great grasp on that sorta thing. :ThumbUp:  Now I have a question about Steppables, so I'll put it here.  Anyone else who might have any ideas about this type of thing, please DO pitch in! (Tina?)

I used to try having flowers in a "high traffic" spot, but they always got beaten to death from people walking there, or the hose being dragged across that spot all the time, so I gave up & put some Steppables in.  Right now I have Blue Star Creeper & Scotch Moss there.

Yesterday, a friend gave me some of her "Scotch Moss" (which, upon close inspection, I believe may actually be "Irish Moss").   Since my Scotch Moss, which is slowly filling in from what started out as a small chunk, about the size of my mouse, is bright green, I was a little disappointed that what I brought home was a deep, dark green. 

Now I'm wondering how I can use this new stuff without making my Steppable patch look corny. :ScratchHead: Maybe I should just find another place for the dark green stuff... or, maybe I should move the Blue Star Creeper somewhere else, & have the mosses together.  What do y'all think?
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 11:20:22 PM by Patty S »

Offline patches

Re: Landscaping with Stepables
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »
Geesh, Patty, I really don't think it would look "corny" to have the different colored mosses together in the same bed.   :ScratchHead: Actually, the varigated look may make it more interesting!  ;)  Geesh, I think it should be more of a personal preference thing about what you like.    :Whis:
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 11:24:20 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Landscaping with Steppables
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2008, 08:03:49 AM »
A fluer de lis patern using the dark for the florets and the light green as the back ground.  Ok. so I'm alittle crazy.  It sure would look cool though.  I love mosses.  Maybe we can figure out a trade once I'm in my new place.  I'd love to have some moss.

But I do believe you could plant it in bands or rays so that it made some kind of pattern. 

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
I've decided to leave the Scotch Moss & Blue Star Creeper alone, with the strip of lighter green moss going down the center, & just get the Irish Moss started along the pathway at the bottom of the deck stairs.

My Blue Star Creeper is in bloom now, & looking GOOD! :yay_jump:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »
That is pretty.  I really like the use of ground covers instead of grass.  I guess it's the idea of mowing that I'm against lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal