Gardening > Houseplants

Epiphyllum "Dutchman's Pipe"

<< < (2/3) > >>

duh:
They are pretty aren't they.  If you like after it flowers I'll see if I can get you a leaf cutting.  But right now all of the leaves are very thin.  None have really plumped up yet. 

Dianna:

--- Quote from: duh on Apr 22, 2008, 07:12:09 AM ---after it flowers I'll see if I can get you a leaf cutting.
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Duh. I would like that. There is no hurry. You have lots going on in your life right now and it can wait until everything settles down for you. :)

I think they are sort of unusual looking... :grinnnn:

duh:
very.  The plant itself looks like a catus with tenticles that hang down all over the place.  Not exactly pretty but I think the blooms will more than make up for it.  I hope moving it again this year doesn't put it off of blooming again.

When I get a good sized piece I'll send it to you. 

jv:
Started with one last year has not bloomed but Carolyn said it will . I have now three of them also gave cuttings away. Grows like crazy just has not bloomed yet.

duh:
i've heard that they have to be 3 years old before they bloom.  Sounds like yours really likes your area.  Mine needs fattening up.  I'm not sure what soil additives will do that for it.  It grows new branches constantly but they are very thin and floppy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version