Author Topic: What's For Dinner 9...  (Read 13596 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: What's For Dinner 9...
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
Last night we had baked potatoes and tonight we're going to have teriyaki sesame chicken.  I haven't a clue what I'm putting on the side though. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »
Tonight is salad, chicken patties and fried potatoes.  Simple fare sounded good to me.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
Tonight I think we'll have Deli Wraps - just deli meat and cheese, with some veggies and a homemade cream cheese/honey/dijon mustard sauce.  I think I'll need to cook up some bacon to toss in there.  Mmmm, now I'm getting hungry...

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »
Tonight are homemade hamburgers on the BBQ and a salad.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
For dinner I am fixing a salad.  It'll have cheese, hard boiled eggs, veggies (obviously), and some crab meat in it.  Doused in a ton of Ranch dressing and I have thoroughly american-ized a once-healthy meal.   :laughmao:

Offline patches

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »
My neighbor brought over some Blue Gill he caught today!  :yay_jump:  Geesh, he had them all cleaned and ready to go, so the only I had to do was bread them and fry them. ;)  I whipped up some Mac & Cheese, stewed tomatoes and Cole Slaw to go with them, so it made a wonderful meal without a lot of work or mess to clean up.  :smile:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 12:00:59 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »
Tonight we're having Grilled Cilantro Salmon with some sort of rice on the side, I think, and maybe green beans.

Offline patches

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »
I was outside all day, so I fixed most of my dinner on the grill.  I made some Chicken Shish Kabobs, baked potato, corn on the cob and had a small salad.  Geesh, I wish I could have had a fresh tomato from the garden, but that's going to be a little while yet.   :SmileyFit:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2008, 01:09:06 AM »
We are in Summerville so we went out to eat breakfast at Denny's and then we had supper at Ye Old Fashioned. YOF sure makes some good burgers and onion rings...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
Well, it's much too nice a day to be inside cooking, so I started some Beef Stroganoff in the crockpot when I got home from church this morning.   :idea:  Now, all I have to do for dinner is cook up some egg noodles, then open open a can of pineapple chunks and top that with cream cheese for my salad.   :yesssss:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
Last night we had spaghetti and meatballs.  The meatballs were ones I had a made a month or two ago and froze.  I do enjoy pulling homemade meatballs out of the freezer.  Tastes delicious and makes life so much easier!

Tonight we're going to have... I think it was Rita's recipe???  Parboiling some chicken, shredding it and then adding in the salsa and simmering that?  Burritos made from it, I even have some onions and bell pepper that I'll toss in with it.  I just need to remember to make up the tortillas at a decent time this afternoon.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
Tonight is fried chicken, fried potatoes, peas and baked beans.  YUM!

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2008, 06:20:26 PM »
Can I come to your house for dinner Triss?  You are serving some of my favorite foods, and I have yet to figure out how to do fried potatoes "right".
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »
You are more than welcome to stop on by but the fried potatoes got put on hold.  I opted for rice in the rice cooker instead.  I think I cooked myself out today.  I also baked the chicken.

I just recently discovered the BEST way to do fried potatoes.  In my cast iron skillet and with shortening instead of oil.  Oh my goodness... absolutely delightful.  Awww now I want potatoes again.  :grinnnn:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2008, 07:42:26 PM »
Yes, shortening works well, but I don't allow myself to use shortening anymore...(maybe that's my problem). I wonder if they make it now without all the transfat? I haven't even thought about that, what with all the media attention on the "bad" fats... Is that even possible?
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2008, 07:58:10 PM »
No idea on that one but I rarely ever use it so for this one thing, I am ok with it.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
Having to watch all that transfat sucks, doesn't it, Barb? I hate having to figure out what I should and shouldn't be eating. All of my favorite foods seem to be on the  no-no list. I have a hard time cooking healthy... :Crybaby:

While I am thinking about it, the type of potato that you fry could have something to do with how they turn out. A plain white potato never seems to get crispy for some reason. If you try a different type with your oil, that might help... :grinnnn:

Tonight we had baked flounder. I wanted fried, but was trying to be good. :wink5: Pork and beans, slaw, and cucumbers in Italian dressing rounded out the meal. I know. The dressing probably wasn't very healthy, but it was good.... :licklips:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
What type of potato would you use Dianna? You think a red potato would work better?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »
I guess I'm lucky in that I'm not fond of fried foods or even fast foods.  I just have this image of globules of fat choking off my bloodstreams and clogging down my body.  That and I've had to clean a lot of sink drains in my lifetime and I can only imagine what my internal piping looks like!  That's not to say that I eat healthy though.  lol

Tonight it is Tacos, I looooove tacos!!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »
Barb, I am thinking that a russet baking potato might fry up crispy, if you like them that way. I haven't tried it, but I do know that the type of potato has something to do with how crispy you can get them... :)

Sarah Loo, I loooooove tacos, too. I may just fix that for supper, also. Got all the stuff in there, just hope I have the energy to do 'em later... :grinnnn:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »
Tonight is is chicken, shrimp and crab gumbo over rice and garnished with green onions. The gumbo was made by a neighbor, a transplanted Georgian. The rice by me. I am also pigging out on Brussels sprouts as well.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Tonya

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
Last night was boston butt (done in the crockpot), turnip greens and rice. Sure was good!!

Tonight I am doing something with chicken. I would do the salsa chicken, but I just did it a few days ago. I'm thinking baked taters and broccoli to go with.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »
Tonight we will be having brats (sausage, not kids) or sandwiches. I have been working out in the yard and don't feel like cooking... :)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:12 PM »
Today has been busy - driving all over town and down to the Girl Scouts office twice because I left something there GRrrr!  To make up for excessive gas usage, I walked and Lindsay rode her bike to school.  She did the mile in 7 minutes.  Maybe that was not such a good idea! lol - Anyway, I wound up doing 1 flight of stairs over and over and over again at school delivering yearbooks to everyone.  Which reminds me I need to email one of them...  And then walked a mile back home--took 15 minutes this time because Rachael is a slow poke (thank god!).  Anywho, I'm exhausted.  We're having hot dogs.  If I'm feeling ambitious I will make a pasta salad to put with it. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:38:27 PM by barleychown »

Offline patches

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:05 AM »
* * * * * * * * * *  CLOSED * * * * * * * * * *

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal