Author Topic: Greenhouse spring cleaning  (Read 2232 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Greenhouse spring cleaning
« on: Apr 19, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »
Last week while it was sunny and warm out, I decided to empty out my greenhouse and clean it up a bit, so I could hopefully make a bit more room in there for some seedlings.

Here's a shot of it mostly emptied out:

The tenants, out enjoying some sun:

And everyone tucked back in safely for the night:

I didn't end up with nearly as much new space as I would have liked, but I will fit more in somehow. :BigGrin:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline patches

Re: Greenhouse spring cleaning
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »
Hey, it looks great, Sarah, and your plants looks very happy!  ;)  How large is your greenhouse?   :SmileyQmarks:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »
All of those plants look awesome!!!  I can see why you would want a greenhouse with all those fruit trees you have going!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2008, 01:10:21 AM »
Looking good, Sarah... (as is your whole yard!) :grinnnn: When I was there earlier this week, I was really impressed with the progress you've made already this year.  It's been awesome watching that yard take shape, from the raw, weeded lot of just 2 short years ago! :clap:

Is there a way that you can suspend some long hooks from the ceiling in the greenhouse (or put a rod up across it somehow), to hang the hangables & make more space on the counter for pots?  I never looked at the construction of the greenhouse frame, so I don't know how strong it is. :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2008, 01:12:34 AM by Patty S »

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »
How large is your greenhouse?   :SmileyQmarks:

It is a 10 foot by 12 foot. I thought that would be more than enough, but I could fill another just like it easily. :naughty:

Patty, we think with a little bit of bracing, we can add rods across the top that I can hand the baskets from. I'd like to winter over the huge ones I like on my front porch every year. :ThumbUp:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Well, Sarah, I think that's a pretty decent size, but I know how they can fill up very quickly!   :rofl1:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal