Author Topic: Hindsight Is 20/20...  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Hindsight Is 20/20...
« on: Apr 27, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
Well, I think I made a booboo... ::)

Today Reyla and I planted 12 of my hanging baskets. I think I should have googled the flowers that I am not familiar with. It is a little too late now that I have finally gotten around to it. Looks like Purple Liatris would have been more at home in the garden. Oh, well. I guess when they start growing that I should be able to transplant them to the garden. I sure hope so...

Another thing I should have done was to mark the baskets as soon as they were seeded. I hope everyone will be able to tell me what I planted when they start blooming... :laugh1:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

Re: Hindsight Is 20/20...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »
Yep, Dianna, I think your Liatris would be a lot happier in yhe garden,  ;)  but it should work okay if you move it.  Geesh, I am constantly moving all my plants around.  :nutz:  I probably have a couple that have been in every bed.   :rofl1:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2008, 06:59:16 AM »
:laugh1:
I dont see why you couldnt move the liatris when it gets too big for the pot.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2008, 09:15:22 AM »
I do that.  I look up like the first 10 or so and then it's like oh the heck with it..... 

Currently I have some ornamental grass in a container in full sun when it wants to be in part shade and in the garden.  I'll fix it when I get to the new place.  I'll be fixing a bunch of things when I get to the new place lol. 

And patches gives me hope that all of my plants that need to be moved have a chance of surviving.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
I think the more difficult thing is identifying the plants once they come up.  One in a wrong planting space is very easy to take care of.  To me all of those seedlings look alike. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »
Dianna, I bet the purple liatris will be fine in the baskets this year, as they are perrenials that form a bulb. Just make sure to remember at the end of the year to dig out the bulbs and move them to the gardens.  :Whis:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
Thanks for the hope that the liatris can be transplanted. After I looked it up, I was slapping myself upside the head. :Groaner:

Triss, until I get through weeding everything, I dare not plant seeds in the ground. They look too much like weeds to me when they start elbowing up... :rofl1:

Sarah, I will remember if you remind me. :BigGrin:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
  I dare not plant seeds in the ground. They look too much like weeds to me when they start elbowing up...   

Actually, that's another problem I encountered when I was planting my seeds in the ground.  :unsure:  When I would try to weed and it seemed like I had an innate talent for pulling out the flowers and leaving the weeds.    :SmileyFit:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »
Ditto with Patches...I do that.  I have a field of buttercups this year.  I don't know where they came from but when they were small they looked like petunias to me.  And since I had petunias last year I thought they had reseeded lol.  So now I have big buttercups to pull up.  I did pretty good at not pulling up any of my perennials but it was close with the columbine when they first came up since they looked like clover.  And I have a fair bit of clover in the garden too this year.  Along with dandilions that came from who knows where this year.

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »
dandilions that came from who knows where this year. 

I know what you mean, Duh, we have them everywhere and it's worse than I've ever seen it.   :SmileyFit:   I heard someone say it was from the large amount of rain we got here, but I don't know if that's it.   :dunno: 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
I don't know either but I do know that they are taller than I've ever seem them as well as more abundant. 

I've loved having the rain.  It has been just fantastic.  And it keeps the heat from becomming to overwhelming also. 

I need a transition period between winter and summer and this year I'm getting a wonderful spring.  Sometimes it seems like we get none at all down here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal