Author Topic: It IS spring!!  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
It IS spring!!
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:51:32 AM »
Sat outside yesterday morning drinking my tea with Marton, and 3 male baltimore orioles came and checked out our feeders!
Then last evening we were outside and a pair of hummingbirds came to their feeders!
yay!!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

Re: It IS spring!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »
Wow, that's great, Wrennie!   :yay_jump:  Actually, I have a feeder for the Orioles, but I've never had any luck in getting them here.   :SmileyFit:  At least, I've never seen them at the feeder.   :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:59:29 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:02:03 PM »
I've never had any luck at getting the orioles to the feeders, or oranges either. They do like to pick  through my veggie garden soil for bugs.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
Yeah Wrennie, your spring birds are visiting.  I bet that makes you smile!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »
Well, I've been getting a lot of birds in my yard and at my feeders, but I still haven't seen my hummers yet   :SmileyFit:  and they are in the area.  :dunno:  I guess maybe I'm just not outside or watching when they're here because the nectar is disappearing quickly!   :yikes:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:24 AM »
I haven't seen our hummingbirds lately. I am wondering if they are nesting? :unsure:

I know you are excited to see your birds coming back, Wrennie. I don't believe I have ever seen an oriole in SC. I need to google them and see what they look like... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
Dianna, I used to have some friends who lived in South Carolina many years ago, and I know the Baltimore Orioles will go through there when they migrate in the spring and fall.  :yesssss:  Unfortunately, it's been so long ago that I can't remember what part they lived in,  :smileyNo: but Myrtle Beach rings a bell, but so does Salem, S.C., if you have a city named that.  :unsure:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal