Author Topic: What's For Dinner 10  (Read 30331 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: What's For Dinner 10
« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
The crab ragoons were really easy to make - I just didn't count on the recipe making 35 ragoons!  We ate on them until we were stuffed and still had a ton for lunch today! 

We had tortellini with garlic cream sauce (which was rather offensive to the taste buds) and I added a bunch of garlic powder, pepper, and salt (I never, ever salt anything except the occasional bread dough).  After that failed I cooked up some sweet italian sausage and FINALLY saved dinner. 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »
Tonight is a beef stirfry............cant wait!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #27 on: Jun 04, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
That sounds really good, Penny. 

I have some yogurt "cooking" up in the oven right now (it's actually just sitting until it firms with the light on in there to keep it warm--I should just set the darn thing outside it's already 90* out there and I'm sure a lot warmer in the sun!).  Tonight I'm fixing up Grilled Asian Chicken with grilled corn on the cob slathered with tons of butter and salt. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #28 on: Jun 04, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner.  Waffles, sausage and bacons for the kids.  Eggs for any of them who want it.  Then Dan and I and maybe Patrick will have eggs benedict along with hash browns.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #29 on: Jun 05, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
Tonight it is Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.  We needed something quick since we drove an hour to Salina only to discover that the event we were going to do was canceled due to the severe weather.  So we put in gas (at 3.99/gal!!!) and drove back home.  Oh the joys of weather.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #30 on: Jun 05, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Well, last night we ate out at Logan's Steakhouse and tonight we ate out at McGuire's Irish Pub. I am gaining back the weight I lost before coming to Florida! :o
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #31 on: Jun 06, 2008, 08:28:45 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, Dianna, I just looked at the nutrition info for the Chinese Lemon Chicken that I'm making tonight and the calories weigh in at 999 with 742 from fat.   :yikes: :yikes:  So, ummm, I'm thinking that our 2 mile bike ride might need to be a bit longer today.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #32 on: Jun 07, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
Garlic shrimp and liguini. A salad and garlic bread. Quick and easy. I am all about quick and easy these days. (cheap is good too but not a prerequisite)
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, Dianna, I just looked at the nutrition info for the Chinese Lemon Chicken that I'm making tonight and the calories weigh in at 999 with 742 from fat.

That sure sounds good, Sarah Loo! :542: Why is it that everything that tastes soooo good, is soooooo bad for us?

Tina, I am always into quick and easy. If it tastes good, that is a bonus... :laugh1:

We are going to Cracker Barrel tonight for supper. Mmmmmm. Chicken and rice with mushroom gravy sure sounds good to me! :licklips:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #34 on: Jun 07, 2008, 05:22:03 PM »
Tonight is salmon with angel hair pasta and a lemon cream sauce.  Dan is making that.  I added in asparagus that will be cooked with garlic and a dash of balsamic vinegar and some muffins.  Apple pie for dessert.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »
Tonight we had a chicken stir fry.  Although it wasn't bad, it wasn't very good either.  Upset both Adam and Rachael's stomachs though.  (To be honest Rachael is a little copy-cat and is probably perfectly fine.) 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #36 on: Jun 08, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »
Well the day kinda got away from us today so we ended up getting pizza. 

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #37 on: Jun 09, 2008, 08:45:16 AM »
Last night I grilled up some brats and fixed up mac N cheese.  The kids were pretty happy with that!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #38 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:32:15 AM »
Oh now that sounds good Sarah.  I have that on the menu for sometime this week.  Tonight we are doing a pork roast on te rotisserie.  Dunno what I am doing with it yet.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #39 on: Jun 09, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »
IMPORTANT COOKING TIP OF THE DAY!
While making tortillas do not, I repeat, DO NOT,  :Smileystop: nuke a cup of water for 3 minutes, pour it onto the flour/shortening mixture and then eagerly shove your hands into the dough to mix.  :dummy: This will DEFINITELY result in very painful burns in the strangest parts of your hands and fingers (even the wrist!) - and the shortening will just amplify the burn and the pain.   :SlapSelf:

Now, hopefully, I will be able to finish the tortillas for a final product of Mexican Shredded pork enchiladas.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #40 on: Jun 09, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
Ouch Sarah, that sounds very painful.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #41 on: Jun 09, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »
OUCH!  :yikes:

Sounds like something I would do.  :Whis: Maybe it's the name.  :laughmao: Yeah, let's blame that!  :ThumbUp:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #42 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
OUCH!  :yikes:

Sounds like something I would do.  :Whis: Maybe it's the name.  :laughmao: Yeah, let's blame that!  :ThumbUp:

Yeeeeeeees, let's blame the name!  :laughmao:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #43 on: Jun 10, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
I am so glad that I am not a Sarah. Most of my knicks, bumps and bruises come from outside, not the kitchen. (knock on wood)
I'm thinking leftovers. i have chicken in the fridge but it will wait until tomorrow. I just can't get up the umph for cooking right now.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #44 on: Jun 10, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
Tonight we finally had the 999 calorie lemon chicken.  It was really good, although I must admit it tasted more like lemonade chicken than lemon chicken from a chinese restaurant.  Everyone loved it, though, so next time I feel like dirtying up almost every bowl and pan in the kitchen, I'll make it again.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #45 on: Jun 16, 2008, 08:20:14 AM »
Adam asked for my spaghetti and meatballs, so that is what we're having for dinner.  I honestly could eat it once a week for dinner. 

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #46 on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
Just tossed a tator tot casserole in the oven.  I haven't made one in ages... Last time I had one was when I was 6 months prego with Lindsay and a friend came over to make it.  When I wasn't looking (ah, but I was) she bit a lot of the tator tots in half to get them to fit in the pan.  We aren't THAT good of friends.  And it certainly didn't help that both of her kids and herself was suffering from the stomach flu at the time.   :yikes: Four and half years later, I think I'm ready to try it out again.  What do you all put in TTCass?  I was looking online and some folks put in all sorts of stuff like Parmesan cheese, sour cream, cornflakes (GAAACK!), and peas (even worse!). 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Jun 19, 2008, 08:23:27 AM »
I've went pretty much vegetarian since I moved.  I do little pieces of meat like what you find in canned soup and stuff but that's about all unless I go out.  Which, I can't afford to do very often. 

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #48 on: Jun 19, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
Last night was a quick throw-together dinner, tonight I'm thinking about trying a new recipe I found for grilled cauliflower.  :grinnnn: Also need to find new uses for radishes...I may have planted a few hundred too many. :Whis:

They are great cut up into pasta salad!
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #49 on: Jun 20, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
Tonight we are doing various forms of chicken plus a pasta salad to go along with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal