Author Topic: What's For Dinner 10  (Read 30327 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: What's For Dinner 10
« Reply #50 on: Jul 14, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
Tonight we're having pork loin on the BBQ.  A neighbor cut down a small dead apricot tree and the wood really gives meat an awesome flavor!!  We've been soaking it in water and then tossing it on the deflector on our propane grill.  My folks used to have a smoker and I am now reminded of a)how much I miss starting fires and b) how much better food tastes when wood is used.  Next grill won't be propane, if I have anything to say about it!!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: Sep 16, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
Gosh. It looks like everyone has been skipping dinner/supper for the past two months! :laugh1:

We are having brats tonight. Sausages, not spoiled kids.... :wink5:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
Grilled steak salads with lots of home grown vegggies. Yum!
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #53 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »
Dan deep fried some of the fresh cod that his uncle caught in a lemon batter.  It was soooo good.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #54 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
We had salmon patties, tomatoes, and rice for supper tonight. They were leftovers from the other night, but they tasted just as good the second time around.... :licklips:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #55 on: Sep 30, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
We will be having macogetti, salad, and garlic toast for supper tonight.... :licklips:
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2008, 03:57:35 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #56 on: Oct 01, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
Last night was Liver and corn. I LOVE liver! :542: I quick brown it after my onions are just about done and then dump a tub of sour cream in the pan and heat it through and serve over toasted bread. YUMMMMMMM!!

Tonight is beef soup/stew, or chili...haven't made up my mind.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2008, 07:08:14 AM by Tonya »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #57 on: Oct 01, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »
I love liver too.  I sear it and then add in water and milk for a nice thick gravy then I place it over white rice with green beans a la tammy on the side.  Yummy. 

I'm not going grocery shopping until friday but I think I know what I'm having for dinner on Saturday.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #58 on: Oct 07, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
Ewww! Liver is nasty.*insert gagging graemlin here* I have tried it several times, but it never makes it down my throat. It smells so good in the pan, but once it hits my mouth and I bite into it, it has to come out right then... :giggle:

Pintos are in the crockpot, rice is in the microwave, cornbread in the oven, and I am getting ready to try to fry some chicken tenders. Sounds like a good supper to me... :542:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #59 on: Oct 07, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »
Your dinner sounds AWESOME, Dianna!! :542: Now I'm hungry! :giggle:

I think we are having split pea and ham soup....still not sure. I am just not in the mood to cook. **sigh** I wanna go back to bed

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #60 on: Oct 11, 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
Barbeque Chicken( Thankfully leg quarters are still cheap) Mashed potatos, and fresh turnip greens and roots  :542: and for desert Gin and Lemonade :beer3:....its been a long day!

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #61 on: Oct 12, 2008, 12:16:46 AM »
Sorry I missed the desert.
This is me ->?

Offline Tonya

« Reply #62 on: Oct 12, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
Sorry I missed the desert.

That makes 2 of us Bonnie! :giggle:

We had Hawaiian chicken, perogies, and brussel sprouts last night. Tonight is Penny's Leek and Onion soup and leftovers(chicken) :542:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #63 on: Oct 13, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Butterbeans, rice, fried pork chops, and corn bread for supper tonight. :542: Sure was good!

Tonya, have you posted the recipe for the Hawaiian chicken on here somewhere? :licklips:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #64 on: Oct 14, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
What are butterbeans?

Last night we had roast pork, fried potatoes and corn.  I planned on some spanish rice as well but for some reason it did not cook right.  I have a feeling I did not measure the water right.  I was really in the mood for it too.

So tonight... I have no idea.  I am thinking of fajitas so I can retry the spanish rice.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #65 on: Oct 14, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »
Butterbeans are large limas, Triss... :BigGrin:

I don't have a clue for supper yet, either. But I am sure it is going to be something easy... :wink5:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #66 on: Oct 14, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »
Ahh ok, I never really did like lima beans.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #67 on: Oct 14, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »
Well, I figured out what we are having. Grandma's Chicken Vegetable Rice Bake (Stouffer's), candied yams, and collard greens. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.... :542:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #68 on: Oct 14, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »
Shovel it in. I'll starve.
This is me ->?

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #69 on: Oct 14, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
I'm making chicken and rice myself. But so frustrating -- I bought just last Sat. some basmati rice (its way lower in carbs). I went to use it and it has bugs!  :Vent: Now I have to use the 'back up' minute rice. Oh well, at least I had back up.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #70 on: Oct 14, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
Oh I hate it when my rice gets bugs.  I keep mine in the freezer since getting a huge invasion of them in Nebraska.  I have not gotten any since doing that.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #71 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
I'll have to start doing that.  I normally keep all my dry goods in an air tight container, but since moving, I don't have enough. At any rate, it wouldn't have helped in this case. I just bought the rice 3 days ago, just opened it today.. the bug had to have already been there when I bought it.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #72 on: Oct 15, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
Ewww. Buggy rice doesn't sound like something good to eat. :razberry: Are you going to take it back to the store, Barb? I would... :)

We had Tyson's honey barbecued chicken and potato salad for supper tonight. Sure was good, but I think Jim is going to start sprouting feathers soon if I don't cook something besides chicken soon... :giggle:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #73 on: Oct 15, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »
I had my taco fix for the week and will have at least two more times before the weekend.
This is me ->?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #74 on: Oct 15, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »
The kids have been asking for tacos, I will have to make those this weekend.  Tonight it was baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac n cheese and edamame.  Good food!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal