Author Topic: Learn something new everday  (Read 1845 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Learn something new everday
« on: Aug 08, 2008, 08:05:11 AM »
Today I learned to look rather than assume.  I thought my weed eater was out of "thread" but it wasn't.  Here I waited several weeks to cut my lawn and the only problem was that there was an imperfection in the thread that stopped it from comming through the hole.  Well, I know now lol.  And so about 1/2 of the front yard is mowed.  And now I am out of the thread lol.  But, I have more, and as soon as my arms stop immitating logs I'll get out there and wind the thread onto the spool.  Counterclockwise.  See all the fun things I am learning?  What have you learned about the garden that you'd like to share. 

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: Learn something new everday
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »
One thing I have learned that makes weed eating a lot easier is to con somebody else into doing it.
Those spools can be a witch to get off. I'm not sure, but I think they have an attachment that will allow you to just stick the string in.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 10:32:40 PM by Bonnie »
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2008, 05:09:20 AM »
I did find that there are replacement spools.  The place I bought the thread told me there wasn't.  I've gotten bad information from them more than once.  I'm thinking about switching my aligence to the other hardware place in town.  It's alittle farther but I hate being lied to.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »
Not all weedeaters brands have a replacement spool. And you pay a lot more for those than you do for the line itself. That being said, getting that head off can be a bear. You can get a new head altogether and we have for our heavy duty weedeater (double line). And will again in the future. I also purchased 2 rechargeable battery ones recently that I have bought pre-wound spools for. Just for speed of changing while working. I don't like to mess with the tools in the middle of a job.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »
thank you for the information.  I'm learning a great deal since getting this place.  There sure is a bunch to learn again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal