Author Topic: Chicken Curry?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Chicken Curry?
« on: Aug 13, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »
WHat does Chicken Curry taste like?  We do not like our main dishes to be sweet and the recipe I found calls for curry (duh) and coconut milk.  Is that going to be sweet-ish flavored?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Chicken Curry?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2008, 06:44:01 PM »
I don't know about the curry, Sarah Loo, but I would assume that the coconut milk would make it sweet. Isn't curry a "hot" spice? :unsure: Just wondering...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
I don’t even know what curry is. I googled it, and I still ain’t shore. What is curry?
This is me ->?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »
I went a'googlin', too!  :laughpound:

Here is what Wiki has to say about it. Sounds like it is spicy, not sweet... :hot:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
Most curries that you find in the store are made of a bunch of wussy ingredients: nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, and turmeric. At least that was my understanding of it.  I know that it does come in a "hot" version but I've never been able to find it...

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2008, 11:10:21 PM »
Hmmmm... :ScratchHead:

Do you like hot, Sarah Loo? I will try to see what we have up here in SC for the curry... :wink5:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2008, 09:38:09 AM »
I do like things hot but no one else likes hot but me.   :crying:  So we never have hot.  Isn't that sad?

You don't have to go looking, DIanna!  I don't think I want to try chicken curry that badly!  Thanks for the offer, though.  :kissies:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal