Gardening > Pet Palace

My zoo

(1/4) > >>

sunsoaker:
I wanted to share (part of) my zoo with you. This is a photo of all my "girls". Lexi has crossed the rainbow bridge almost 2 years ago. She liked to think she was a lap dog and would lay across my daughter's lap with her head on her shoulder while my daughter pet her.  She was the sweetest Rottie ever! Never hurt a thing. Yet, she was so very much my daughter's dog. And if anyone got too close to her, she would make you think she would hurt you. Was kinda funny to us because we knew, but I know it wasn't funny to whoever she was snarling at. She would even stand between me and my daughter if she thought I was too close to her, but she never snarled at me (good thing). At the time we got her I was a single parent, just me and my teenage daughter at home. Having Lexi around made us feel very secure!!! You see, she wasn't just a Rottie, she was 120 lbs of lean muscle. That's 20 lbs. more than the average male Rottie and 40 lbs more than the average female. She was huge - and not an ounce of fat on her. We lost her to cancer almost 2 years ago. This pic was shortly before that, she weight 135 lbs in this pic. Had put on some wieght in her old age. She was 12 yrs old.

I also have 4 cats. One of them was given to us by my Dad a few years before he passed. That would be Pita. The other three my hubby adopted off our front porch shortly after we were married. A mommy kitty and her kitten (Kit and Boodles), and one that managed to get Kit to let her in her family. Took her about a week of trying before Kit finally let her in. I still have all the cats.

The pic:

The black and white cat on the left is Boodles; the brownish calico/siamese mix looking one is her mother Kit (Boodles is twice the size of her mama :) ); the white one on the left is Pita (pain in the a**); and the other white one is snowflake (the one that convinced mama kitty to take her in). And I don't think I have to point out Lexi? ;D. I should have posted a pic of her face on too, but didn't think about it. Sorry.. maybe later.

(Yeah I figured it out)

Dianna:
Uhhhh, Barb, your cats look like mice now. ;D I can barely see them!

Practice makes perfect!  :D ;) :D

sunsoaker:
lol... I see that.  Guess I sized them too small... lol Will have to do something about that... give me a few.

sunsoaker:
Well the pic is 640 x 480 on Google.  It gives me 4 size choices when creating the code though. The 2 highest being 400px and 800px.  I chose the 400px since the 800px will be too big. I'll have to find another host before the post on my boys...

Jim:
It looks good now. The properties say it is 400 X 300. The board will display up to 640 X 480. Anything over that it just doesn't display anything or you get the red x.

There are a number of free picture host sites listed in the Guidelines and Help topic.

With Lexi around I can see why you didn't worry much. She was a big dog and I bet she had a big growl too. It appears that she must have got along fine with the cats, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version