Gardening > Gardeners Chat

Seed Starting and Seedlings

(1/6) > >>

Patty S:
I've learned not to start my seeds so early, cuz they just get leggy & a lot of them don't make it. I haven't started any veggies yet, but BG & I started some flowers last week. I was totally shocked when some of them broke ground on the second day!!

Here they are on day four....

Pink Moonvine     Yellow Hibiscus    White Hibiscus

Malva Zebrina        Moss Rose            Sun flower

I'm sure everyone else is waaayy ahead of me with their seedlings this year.
Got pics?

Bonnie:
Yours are looking good, Patty. I tried to start some wonder eggs, but so far I've had no luck. I think Dianna has a bunch started.

I never have any luck when I try to start seeds in the little potty thing a bobs. I have better luck just sowing them in the dirt.

I do have volunteer moss rose, zinnia and a few other things coming up.

Bonnie

Patty S:

--- Quote ---I do have volunteer moss rose, zinnia and a few other things coming up.
--- End quote ---
       OK, I know that you got new batteries for your camera... so where are your pics?

BTW, I broke down & got some NIMH batteries (with the charger) for my cam, cuz I got tired of throwing money away on alkaline batteries that were only good for about a dozen pics. (It hurt at first, but was actually worth the money!)  ;)

Dianna:

--- Quote ---I broke down & got some NIMH batteries (with the charger) for my cam, cuz I got tired of throwing money away on alkaline batteries that were only good for about a dozen pics.
--- End quote ---

Jim and I did the same, Patty, for our camera, and this past week-end bought another one to charge batteries for the rest of our needs (karaoke mics, smoke detectors, etc.). I think it will save us a lot of money in the long run, though the batteries are rather to buy first off...

I started my seeds a while back and they are not looking so hot. Don't ask me what they are, because I can't remember.? ::) I think they are canteloupes, watermelon, and tomatoes. And yes, I know they aren't posies, but I haven't taken any recent pictures of them, lately. They aren't very photogenic because they are damping off!? :D? These don't look too awful "hot" theirselves!? ;)

These I set outside for the past week under the porch. They got some morning sun, but not afternoon. I was trying to harden them off.? ??? I had to bring them back in tonight, though, because our weekend is supposed to hit in the upper 20's or lower 30's...

Bonnie:
I'm glad you posted those pictures. Mine look the same way, only not quite as good.

Bonnie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version