Author Topic: collections  (Read 9911 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: collections
« Reply #25 on: Sep 25, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
I smiled at your family pic, Triss in Ritas hutch too. Mine of you is on my fridge!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #26 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »
That is where mine is as well.  I keep forgetting to pick up a frame for the large one I got what a FULL YEAR ago... so here it sits on my desk in its envelope still.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2007, 07:05:08 PM »
I collect bunnies... I will have to get some pics of them soon and kids too. :grinnnn:

Would love to see your collection, Triss!

What about the rest of you SSH members? I am sure we have more than two or three that collect some little special thing... :BigGrin:

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:57:54 AM »
Well, besides lots of dust and junk,  :rofl1:  I guess the only things I've ever collected are some accessories to use with my miniatures.   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007, 01:02:13 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
I collect shot glasses and.....animals  :rolleyes1: :laugh1: Seriously, I don't really collect anything on purpose, but I have several gnome plant stakes and such...... :dunno:

christy

« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2007, 03:07:18 AM »
love your masks rita!  n the gargles are so cool!
 :laughmao: im a huge collector of junk  :BigGrin:
lots of garden decor, cant never seem to have enough!  lots of gnomes, some dragons n griffins, fairys, toads n toad houses, couple lil castles. i get the glass paper weights from the dollar store if they have em for my garden decor  :laughmao:  n the glass pebles too.  anything that i think might look mystical in my shade area i collect. i also collect tree roots   :Wacko:   :laughmao:  if i see one that didnt make it through the storms, i dig it up for garden decor!
n baskets i use them the smaller ones for feedin the birds n the larger ones for flower pots/planters

got tons of junk in my home to, i save all kinds of scrap meterial for quiltin, matter of fact i realy need a biger box for it,  :Whis:  have meterial stacked on top of my box,[though to be fair to me my box is small-ish   :Whis: ]  nother box for paintin n ceramics, n another box for other crafts.
lots of magazines, n books
 for  holidays  halloween is pumkins, n christmas is gingerbread men n snow men,

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »
I really don't collect anything - I am very big on throwing stuff away or freecycling it.  Adam has learned to keep his "collections" (aka junk) in the attic so I don't give them the old heave-ho.  If I were to collect something, it would be clean antique fishing lures. 

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »
I collect frogs, and copper. My frogs are tucked into plants and such mostly, so they don't stand out, unless you go looking for them.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Those are really cute, SArah!  You must be a better housekeeper than I - everything in my house has a thick layer of dust on it!

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
My copper is mostly in my kitchen, and of course, there are frogs there too!

SArah, I dust OFTEN. I have hairy animals that make huge messes!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »
You must dust often, because it looks so nice!  I very, very rarely dust.  Partly because we live near a large field and the day after I dust, it looks like I didn't do it.  I like your copper pails/buckets, are they antiques?

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »
I'm not sure. I find them in junk stores and yard sales. :BigGrin:

Thank you for saying it looks nice. I try hard to keep the zoo clean. :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »
Your frogs are adorable Sarah, makes me ask myself why I do not collect them.  It would not be easy to resist if I came across cute ones.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #38 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »
Dianna,  I finally got my pics... here are my bunnies.  These ones are in my curio, the only place I really have them collected together.

I have the rest all over the house so there are a bunch of pics.  The rest of them are in this album

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:16:21 AM »
You have quite the collection of rabbits, Triss! Didn't you know that they would multiply quickly when you got the first two? :laugh1:

Thank you for posting these. It always helps to know what people have that they like when you are out shopping and might run into something.... ;)

Do you collect anything else besides bunnies?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:25:12 AM »
Just shot glasses, the tall skinny ones.  I have a collection of cats as well but I do not add to them, they were my Grandmother's and she left them for me when she passed away.

I do not even know how I got started with bunnies, seems like I have always liked them.

christy

« Reply #41 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
those are cute froggies sarah cb love your copper basket!!
n cute bunnies triss, bet the curio keeps the dust off, i dont mind dustin gotta do it constantly anyhow, live [surouned] by fields, not ta menchin dirt bikes kickin it up, often give my plants a shower instead of just watering might as well get 2 things done at once hee hee
i think the one real collection i have is the weat pennys, they remind me of my grandpap. i have a little book i keep em in, if happen to come by one i keep it, never went to a coin place n bought em, now n then ill see em in the extera change.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:09:22 AM »
I also collect odd Christmas ornaments...the bike and mailbox I have had as long as I can remember, the frog I found last year.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007, 12:18:30 AM by barleychown »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:39:26 AM »
I love those ornaments, Sarah! I really like that frog....

The little snowcouple are adorable!

I can't wait to find an ornament or two to send you before next Christmas! :BigGrin:
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007, 07:30:31 AM by Dianna »

Offline Patty S

« Reply #44 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:48:47 AM »
:Wow: Those are really awesome ornaments, Sarah! :ThumbUp: I've got a bunch of "odd" ones that I used to put on our tree before I started obsessing about color schemes! Someday when I do a multicolor Christmas again, I'll drag them back out.  (Too bad they don't match my color schemes, cuz several of them were part of my Christmases as I was growing up, & have managed to escape, or survive, 2 house fires!)

Offline patches

« Reply #45 on: Dec 28, 2007, 05:24:52 AM »
Hey, those are some really unique ornaments, Sarah!  :Wow: Actually, I probably like the Santa one the best. :wink5: 

I do a multicolor Christmas again, I'll drag them back out.  (Too bad they don't match my color schemes, cuz several of them were part of my Christmases as I was growing up

Patty, I guess that's why I always like to do a multicolor tree.  :wink5:  I have so many ornaments that I've collected throughout the years and I still have many from my childhood. :yesssss: Of course, the extra special ones are the ones my kids and grandkids made.   :Whis:
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007, 05:27:07 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #46 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:03:24 AM »
:laugh1: Sarah I have made the crocheted & paperclip ice skates & needlepoint mailbox ornaments!!
That frog ornament is really cool!
Christy I collect those wheat pennies and any odd coins too. I have a couple silver cents, a mis struck penny, very early coins.(1800's)
Love the bunnies Triss.

I have a small collection of enamelware. 1 piece i found in the woods, a few were my housemates I 'inherited when she died, one from a yardsale cause it was 'different, and a few pieces came with this house.
I love cats and dragonflies and am given things with those themes, oh and black bears. So I dont go out in search of them but they do accumulate.

??You're supposed to dust these things?? The wood stove dust makes that near impossible! :laughmao:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #47 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »
I need to dust too Wrennie! I sure wish they washed themselves  :Whis:
I love the octoscuba guy Sarah.. what a great collection of ornaments!!  :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #48 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:57:52 PM »
 :Wow:  sarah! those are so neat!  i bet your tree is a magnet to eyes,  i can see people lookin through your tree to find all the hidden treasures, i know i would!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2007, 07:02:29 AM »
You guys have the coolest collections! Sometimes i want to start collecting stuff, but then I look at all the clutter inmy house and remember that I don't have room for anything else. When we get the house the way we want it, I'll have to think hard and collect something. Maybe fairies, or tree frogs, or something- I have NO idea! :laughpound:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal