Author Topic: collections  (Read 9910 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: collections
« Reply #50 on: Dec 29, 2007, 07:44:57 AM »
Here is some of the enamelware. Notice the brass key hook is a row of cats.

And I have a wall of wicker and wood. A cat wooden cutting board...

*broken link removed*
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 08:46:44 PM by barleychown »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #51 on: Dec 29, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
wow wrennie your baskits n pots  look great on your wall!  the kitty holder is to cute ;]

Offline Patty S

« Reply #52 on: Dec 29, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »
What a clever way to decorate the walls, Wrennie! :clap: (Am I right in asuming that the pans & baskets aren't just for decoration?) :SmileyQmarks:

I'm also a big fan of enamel pans. I have a few of them, but they're nearly impossible to find anymore, so I keep my eye out at yard sales. These 2, I got at the feed Store where Sarah (bc) used to work.

They have several sizes of pots in this speckled pattern there too, & I'm building on the set a little at a time, although they're not really a "collection"... I really like them for cooking, cuz they heat evenly. Also, I'm pretty good at turning my back on the kitchen when I have something cooking, so I burn stuff a lot. :nutz: Cleanup is easy with enamel pans though, cuz all it takes is a shot of oven cleaner, & they're like new again! :BigGrin:  I just have to be careful not to drop them, cuz once the enamel starts to chip, they're pretty much done-for.

:tuschel: I don't mean to go off topic here, but they're also done-for if you burn water & leave the pan on the burner too long! :Whis:

I'm glad I didn't have my glass top range when I did this, cuz a friend of mine had an enamel tea pot melt on hers, & it broke the glass! :eek: (I never could get that melted glass off the burner element.)

Oh... and the burned burner cover is what happens when you turn on the wrong burner & walk away! :dummy: 
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2007, 03:31:38 PM by Patty S »

Offline patches

« Reply #53 on: Dec 29, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
Wrennie, I love your display of wicker baskets!  :Wow:  I'm a fan of enamelware, too, but like Patty said, it's mostly because I like cooking in it.  :wink5:     

Hey, Patty, thanks for sharing your picture. :yikes: Well, now I can undertand why I'm the twin that likes to cook.   :rofl1:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »
The baskets do get used often. For harvestisng from the garden, putting crackers, bread, nuts  out and the such. I got the idea from a past friends mother who put them on her kitchen wall like that. I like how they lighten up the dark walls and are easily accessable.
The enamelware... the blue and pink (not shown) pots that came with the house  all have a chip or dent in them and arent cook-in-able. The white with red & dipper I never think to use. And the small box (not sure of its original use) holds matches and lighters.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal