Author Topic: miracle on the Hudson  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
miracle on the Hudson
« on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=61425934.blog

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/nyregion/16crash.html?hp

A US Airways jetliner with 155 people aboard lost power in both engines, possibly from striking birds, after taking off from La Guardia Airport on Thursday afternoon. The pilot ditched in the icy Hudson River and all on board were rescued by a flotilla of converging ferries and emergency boats, the authorities said.

What might have been a catastrophe in New York — one that evoked the feel if not the scale of the Sept. 11 attack — was averted by a pilot’s quick thinking and deft maneuvers, and by the nearness of rescue boats, a combination that witnesses and officials called miraculous.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: miracle on the Hudson
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
I was watching that yesterday as well.  So many good people came together to help those in need.  A very heartwarming thing to watch.  What could have been a disaster was truly a miracle instead.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »
That pilot had all his stuff in one sock. He deserves a medal.
This is me ->?

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
That was truly a miracle, not should he recieve a medal of honor, he should recieve a raise or a big bonus on his paycheck. My hats off and a salute to him and those people on the plane.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

Offline wimc

• wimcsh
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2009, 02:04:41 AM »
The subject of this topic says it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal