Author Topic: Sewing Seed  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Sewing Seed
« on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:49:24 AM »
I know that this may be a dumb question to most of you, but I am wondering how many seeds do you plant in a given pot or a small flowerbed to get the area fully covered? :ScratchHead:

I was wondering about this yesterday while Reyla and I were seeding some three inch pots. I wanted the little pots bursting with blooms for her when they start, so we put quite a few marigold seeds in... :wink5:

Is there some sort of rule about how many to use with the different type seeds? :unsure:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Sewing Seed
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
A packet will sometimes tell you how far apart to plant seeds and then to thin them further. Too many in a single pot will deplete the available nutrients before they even bloom. The nicest thing about marigolds is that they are easy to transplant once the seedlings come up. So you planted some for the pot and some for the yard.
I would not grow more than one or two in a three inch pot, Dianna.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »
Thanks, Tina. Guess I had better keep an ear out for when they start sprouting so that I can help Reyla and Desi get some of them in the ground then. We put a lot of seeds in each little pot... ::)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
I put a lot in as well.  I know I overstuff my spaces.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
I always have so many that I just sow some, whatever falls out the pack. You know me. I take the lazy way out.
This is me ->?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal