Beyond The Spirits > DIY Angels and Demons

Window Film a two person job

(1/3) > >>

duh:
Awhile back I bought window film.  The kind that is suppose to stop heat from coming in in the summer and getting away in the winter up to 72 %.  Anyway it's the green box lol.  Sharon and I have been putting it up when she has time to share with me.  So far we've done the bay windows and the sliding glass doors.  Those two are the largest set of windows and I have to say it doesn't seem that the ac comes on as often.  We'll see if in August if the a/c can keep the trailer cool.  Last year it couldn't.  I'm hoping for a big improvement this year.  Anyone else use this stuff?

Triss:
No I do not use that but it sounds great.  Does it really block a lot of the light that comes in from the windows as well?

duh:
It changes the color of the light so that it is blue.  So it's like being in a shady area.  So far the plants don't seem to mind much but we'll see over time.

Triss:
I could use something like that on my front windows.  We get full sun all day long through them and making it shaded would be nice.  Is it expensive stuff to buy and where did you get it?

duh:
It costs 34.99 for the film which is 3 feet wide and 15 feet long.  And the accessory kit was 8.00.  So it isn't cheap but if it helps keep heating and cooling costs down I'm going to consider it well worth the cost.  I got it at Home Depot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version