Beyond The Spirits > Hobbies

Gardening, anyone?

(1/7) > >>

Dianna:
I love to garden. Vegetables or flowers, doesn't matter to me. Presently I am trying to work on my water garden by re-landscaping it and trying to turn it from pea green to clear. After it is through, it will be a memorial garden for my favorite uncle who died in 2004. He loved to fish...

After I finish with Uncle Johnny's garden, I will be working on one for my mother who died in 1999 and my favorite cousin that passed in 2005. My mother's will have angels in it and my cousin's will have roosters and chickens. Still playing with ideas in my head for theirs...

We had a bad problem with corn smut this year. Didn't get too much of a harvest after the fungus started. Boy, that stuff looks nasty! :o We told the neighbor last night that if he wanted to pick any good ears (and he could find any) that he was welcome to it.

The rest of the vegetable garden is finally dying. Can't say that I am too sorry. I have picked, watered, shelled, canned, and frozen all that I want to for this year. I am thinking about going to a pick-your-own farm to get me some tomatoes to can, though. Ours didn't do too well this year...

Anyone else like to garden out there? What projects are you working on?

Dianna

Dianna:
I am so excited! We went to buy some flagstone/slate for the water garden today and plan on getting up early in the a.m. to install it around the pond. One step closer to having that memorial garden finished. Of course my father-in-law would think I am crazy ::) for buying rock when he would give me all I wanted. Tennessee is a little bit far to drive to get them, though! ;D

We still need to buy some more hay for mulch for the water garden and find some more plants. I think it will be really pretty when we are finished...

Dianna

Jim:
Yep, my back is hurting.  :o That's just from putting it in the truck.  It's still in the truck cause it was raining when we got home this evening.  Guess I'll be getting it out tomorrow.  480lb of slate.

Yeah Dad would definitely laugh at you for buying rock.  He has lots of rock in Tennessee but that is a bit far to go and get it.  I can't wait to see the pond with the rock around it.  It will look like a real water garden.

Dianna has done a great job with it.  That was the first of many she says, but lets's not mention that.

Jim

Dianna:
We have the rock in the waterfall area now to hide the black plastic liner. It looks so much better. Jim did a very good job of arranging the little rocks for me...

Dianna

Bonnie:
Yes, he did. It looks real good.

Bonnie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version