Gardening > Ponds

My pond as of 9/20/09

(1/6) > >>

laura:
Just thought I'd share a few pictures.  I grew all the Zinnia's from seeds and let me tell you---I got lazy with them and they looked terrible for a while but WOW did they ever take off when I planted them in the ground.  Love sitting out there.  I have 10 goldfish in my pond and at least 100 tiny mosquito fish.  Mark dug it out in one day by himself.  Instead of doing shelves around the edge I discovered a much easier way of ponding.  Dig 3 levels.  Left end is shallow and I can put my potted plants there if I want to.  Middle is medium, and the far right is 3 feet deep so the fish can overwinter.  They all made it thru last winter with flying colors.  Even though it froze solid many times.  Well I do float a few balls in there so there are holes for gases to escape. 

I have big plans for it.  If I ever come up with the money.   :rolleyes1:  I've had big plans for it now for years.  Involving a retaining wall around the backside of it so the slope doesn't keep slipping each year. 

The lilies were bananas this year.  Tons and tons of leaves and flowers.

From the back corner.

This was taken from my upper back porch.

sunsoaker:
Wow! Very nice, Laura!!

laura:
Thank you very much.  It gives me great joy and didn't cost much to make at all.  Just the cost of the pump and filter box.  This is the 3rd year I believe for this pond.  Before this one I had a MUCH smaller one.  A puddle really. 

Tina:
Awesome, Laura. I love all of the color!

Triss:
Looks awesome.  A very relaxing spot you have there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version