Author Topic: Oglethorpe House  (Read 4406 times)

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Oglethorpe House
« on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »
I've been promising to put this here for a while.  I work in a building that is supposed to be haunted.  It was built as a "motor in"  back when such things were popular.  The building is roughly the same age as I am (45) and houses around 400 students during the school year.

I'm putting links to the articles on the hauntings.  I have to say, I've worked there for 4 years, and have yet to see or hear anything.  And, there have been no reports this school year so far.  Other than check in day, when the girls assigned to room 634 said "we read about the ghost, what can you tell me about it?"

I told them I had heard nothing other than what I read on the internet.  But I did ask them if they would let me know if anything happened.  I promised I wouldn't think they were crazy.

As for the ghost in the ball room (and yes, it is still called that) the only thing I have to say is that the a/c team cannot keep the a/c working right in there.  either it is too hot, too cold, or there is a distinct difference in temp from one end of the room to the other.  I have not seen anything remotely spectral beyond that.

so, here are the links:

this link has information on more than just Oglethorpe House

I go to the other buildings periodically as part of my job, but not on a regular basis.

this link lists other college stories.  Oglethorpe House is in item number 3

I will finish with the thought that Savannah has nationally recognized ghost tours!  It would be odd if O'House (as it is affectionately called) wasn't haunted.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: Oglethorpe House
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »
This sounds like a great place to visit. Please let us know if you see any thing. I sure hope you do. I can't wait to hear about it. I wonder how they knew the ghost in 310's name was Harry?
This is me ->?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
i don't know.  i was looking and all the posts on the sites are from before i worked there.  i haven't seen the girls in 634 lately.  but i'll see them in january if i don't see them before.  i'll keep you posted!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »
Hmmm, sounds like some possibilities there for sure, now off to look at the links.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
are dances held in the ballroom?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »