Author Topic: Gotta question concerning signs  (Read 4057 times)

Offline UNCLEG

Gotta question concerning signs
« on: Jan 05, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
OK I got to ask, do any of you believe in signs,  Why or why not?
and if you do how do you interpret a sign, resources, etc...

I'm just curious, I heard folks say "that's a sign"  in reference to occurrence, natural or not.

The reason I ask is I have this crazy mocking bird that is constantly trying to attack his image in the glass doors on my house or it least that is what it seems to be.  Anyway I spent several days at home over the Holidays and had to much free time to think and I wondered could it be a sign, if there are signs, and if so what does it mean?  Like I said I had a lot of free time to think :ScratchHead:

I thought this may be an interesting subject to discuss.

later,
G

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Gotta question concerning signs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »
I do believe in signs.  And your talk of birds reminds me of a specific sign that I see in them all of the time.  My brother Jake passed away 14 years ago and he always thought of the hawk as his bird.  Immediately following his death, I would see hawks all over the place, in places I would not normally see them and always have a feeling of peace when I saw them knowing he was watching out for me.  I do not see them so much now but each and every time I do, I have that same feeling and know I am being watched over.

As for your mocking bird?  I have no idea what it could mean.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
Legree, I believe mockingbirds are aggressive toward each other and other birds. I am wondering if he is attacking his reflection in the glass because he believes it is "another" bird? It could be as simple as that. :)

Something that you could try would be to break up the reflection in the glass by using some of the "clings" that you could find in the dollar stores. I have some on my patio doors because hummingbirds have flown into them one too many times. :wink5: If this solves the problem, then you will know that it wasn't caused by some deeper meaning...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
If it is a sign, I would associate it with death .
This is me ->?

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
Dianne, that is exactly what I think, just thought it would be a good intro into subject of signs.  I believe this bird is part Loon  :rofl1:  Oh I kill myself sometimes :laughpound:

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »
there is an old saying that any house that has a bird hit the same window 3 times, or die hitting a window at all, will have visit from death.  now, that said, i'm probably more in agreement with dianna about the mocker trying to "run the other mocker off" than being a true sign.

and, for the record, i do believe in some signs, and definitely in premonitions and "feelings".
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
Seriously, I do believe in signs and have heard all kinds of tales about birds. I get scared if a bird gets in the house because of things I have been told all of my life about it being a sign of someone dying in the household... :shock:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Jessica

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
Birds come into work a lot.  Well, at one of the offices I work at.  But, that is because in the spring we leave the door open.  Poor little things have a hard time finding their way out. 

I don't know if I believe in signs or not.  I have not had anything happen that I can think of that I would have thought of as a sign.

Offline Shaman

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
G, I do believe in signs.  The question is whether what is happening is a natural occurrence, or something other worldly.  There is a mockingbird in the parking lot where I work who spends hours attacking his own reflection in the card windows, so in this case, I think it would probably be a natural occurrence.  When I have seen a "sign", there was a certain feeling that came over me that assured me on a deeper level, that it was not a natural occurrence.  I think it is part what you see, and part what you feel that makes the determination.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal