Author Topic: Excuses for buying plants  (Read 2214 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Excuses for buying plants
« on: Apr 06, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
I thought this might be a fun topic.  What are some of the excuses that you use so you can buy plants.  I'm getting to be a real pro at this.

Reaching a goal.  Goals are really important so if a plant fulfills a goal for the garden I can get it right?  Well it worked for the winter jasmine, wiegela, peonies, all three ground covers, 4 if you count the thyme, all the fruit trees and the blueberry bushes.  And I'm using it to purchase the hoaka grass, mock orange, and red twig next month.  Now that's what I call a great excuse right?

Then there is the it's on sale thing.  That worked for the mediteranean bells, tulips, daffodils, and gladiolus.

Herb and veggies are supper easy.  Those are going to save me money at the grocery store. 

So what are your favorite excuses for that plant you just have to have?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: Excuses for buying plants
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »
So what are your favorite excuses for that plant you just have to have?

Thats my excuse......i just gotta have it  :laughmao: :laughmao:.......works everytime  :ThumbUp: :laughmao:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:09:19 AM »
lol @ Penny.

That is a good one.

Jessica

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
I really don't use an excuse.  I figure they are going to make my yard pretty so why not buy them. :BigGrin:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:17:46 AM »
lol @ Penny.

That is a good one.

My problem is i like pretty much everything i see, so now i ask myself 2 things...1...how badly do i need it, and 2....where am i putting it, somtimes you can have "too much" in a garden, that it looks junky.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
I like junky gardens. I grow mine so that if things get a little overgrown it looks like it is supposed to be that way. Jungle like. I have much room to cover. So as long as I have water to an area I can plant.
My best excuse is sale. If the price is right, I buy. If I cannot afford to buy I don't even look. I avoid the plant sections.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:32:49 AM »
True Tina.......you do have lots of ground to cover.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2010, 12:43:56 PM »
My final goal is a 4 seasons specimen garden.  The front yard that is clear is 7,000 square feet.  It's about 1/2 full sun and 1/2 part or dappled sun.  The problem is energy.  I don't want to put more into beds than I can maintain. 

Once I get the weeds under control I'll know better what exactly that is.  In the mean time if it is on my list and I have the money I get it.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal