Author Topic: I Don't Have A Name...[Solved] Chinaberry Melia azedarach  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
I Don't Have A Name...[Solved] Chinaberry Melia azedarach
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
Anyone have any idea what this plant is? It is a shrub and that is all I know. Jim brought home a sprig of it hoping that it could be identified...:)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:57:59 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: I Don't Have A Name...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »
Do those flowers smell very nice? It looks like some type of jasmine to me.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
I didn't smell of them, Tina, but I will ask Jim if he noticed a smell when he took the "cutting" from it. Thanks for your suggetion. I will start googling jasmine now... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
Looks like a faux bamboo, not sure of the proper name.  Will usually have red berries n the fal of year.  The only thing throwing me of being positive is the leaf color.  generall the leaves are tinged with red and orange.

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
Fancy bamboo, Proper name Nandina...accoriding to nursery I worlk for it should redden up in the fall.  Thats my guess.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »
No, it isn't nandina, I don't think. I have a lot of that and that doesn't quite look like it.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
Jim was googling this last night and found out that it is a Chinaberry Melia azedarach... :grinnnn:

Thank you all for your suggestions...:NewHug:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: I Don't Have A Name...[Solved] Chinaberry Melia azedarach
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
I'm going to have to look for blooms on the chinaberries around here. i have never noticed them. Chinaberries are not a favorite tree of mine because they breed too easily and are very, very brittle. They break easily and huge trunks fall off and they split in half if you look at them funny. Not a tree that is nice to climb nor safe to sit under for long.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal