Author Topic: Stick a fork in me...  (Read 1596 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Stick a fork in me...
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
'Cause I'm done.

So, I am missing my Phantom of the Opera file on my computer.  This isn't good, so I thought I would run Symantec.  For some reason Symantec (corp. ed) had decided that it doesn't want to run.  :razberry: I can manually update it, tell it to run, and then it will say "user stopped scan" even though I did no such thing.  I thought it was a memory issue (as we were down to something ridiculous like 11% free space), so I've spent my day removing all sorts of programs, crud, etc, defragged and now have (supposedly) 39% of my drive free.  Seems like a happy amount to have, right?  And stupid symantec still won't run.  Suggestions??

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Stick a fork in me...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
malware bytes.  it ran when nothing else would.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »
Downloading as we speak...

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:20 AM »
Isn't Symantec part of Norton's Anti-virus? Norton is a memory hog and doesn't catch a lot of the "critters" running around on the internet. I would suggest ditching the program and using AVG or Avast... :wink5:

We have a topic about anti-virus programs here. It might help you with some of your problems, Sarah Loo... :grinnnn:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:04:56 AM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal