Author Topic: what is your fav dog breed?  (Read 6070 times)

Offline Ariel

what is your fav dog breed?
« on: Jul 29, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »
 Just wondering your fav dog breed and why ? :grinnnn:
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: what is your fav dog breed?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
My favorite dog breed is a Jack Russell terrier. The dogs have boundless energy and are very loving, not to mention that they have a personality like no other dog I have ever had. I love my little Angel... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »
Mine is the papillon. They are one of the smartest breeds of all dogs and have unique personalities. I have 3 and each one is very different. All three are very pretty dogs and despite all the fur, they don't require tons of grooming. Being as smart as they are can some times be a problem and they don't always mind. But they do usually as their main goal is to please their owner.

Since I am not a very active person, I'd have a hard time keeping up with a jack russell. lol
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »
British Labs.  They are big, stocky and sweet.  I like men that way too.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »
And I really like mutts. All different kinds. They have often gotten the best of the breeds they are and seem smarter to me.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
Each one of mine, plus every one I've had in the past.  :BigGrin: In all honesty, for me it comes down to the individual dog, and not so much the breed.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Jessica

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »

:laughmao:

I have a rat terrier and we love her!  But I don't know that any certain breed is my favorite.

Sheri, a friend of ours breeds the british labs.  He keeps trying to talk us into getting one but they are expensive and it would have to be an outside dog and then I feel bad for them because of our winters.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »
Like Sarah said, it depends on the dog. I like 'em all.
You planning on getting a dog Ariel?

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

:laughmao:

I have a rat terrier and we love her!  But I don't know that any certain breed is my favorite.

Sheri, a friend of ours breeds the british labs.  He keeps trying to talk us into getting one but they are expensive and it would have to be an outside dog and then I feel bad for them because of our winters.

Jessica, that's what Porter was.  We tried to get him to stay inside when it was cold but he would stand at the door and cry.  The vet told us that they have 3 inches of fur that go in opposite directions so they don't feel cold or get wet.  He was the best dog.  Will you ask your friend if I can have his name.  If we get another dog I'd like one just like Porter.

Jessica

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »
I will definitely give you his name and number.  I don't have his number on me so I will get it for you when I get home.  But, his name is Tom Casey.  I know that he does take them to the airport and fly them places for people.  Or you could come here to pick him up and see me at the same time!! He only lives a few miles away from me. :BigGrin:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
I've already called Johnny.

Jessica

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:37:02 AM »
Exciting!  Are you ready for a new dog right now?  I will call him to see what he has right now and will tell him that you might be contacting him!

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »
Our cat, Lizzy, is pining herself away.  She won't eat, has lost weight, just sort of lays around.  She needs an outside friend.  We're afraid once she's over her depression she'll wander off or hang out in the road.  Plus Johnny has been talking about getting another dog since a week after Porter died.  I'm the one who keeps saying no.  I miss Porter and thought I needed more time to grieve but maybe not.  We've thought about a German Shepherd but maybe we'll get another lab.  I've thought about getting a dog from the pound which is probably the decent thing to do.

Jessica

« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:57:28 AM »
Well I will give you his number so that you have in case you decide to go that route.  They really are great dogs!

Jessica

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Sheri, I just did a search and found their website.  I didn't realize they had one.  All of the info is here.  They are very nice people and do great work with their dogs!

http://www.rivervalleybritishlabs.com/

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »
already been checking that out.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #16 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
I agree with Sarah, it is more about the dog and it's personality but I really lean to labs.  They are great companions, good with kids, will bark at strangers but not menace them.  We love ours.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #17 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:20:29 AM »
My boyfriend has a beagal .. prob didn't spell that right lol. Eventually I would like to get one. Thanks for all you input its nice to see why u love them...ok what about cats? Ii have one tortis shell kittie that I rescued from the pound she's a sweetheart!
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #18 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
Love cats but we can no longer have them since Charlie is allergic to them.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Whatever breed I have at the time is my favorite. Love my puppies.
This is me ->?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
all of them?  mutts especially.  i love my puppies too.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
I agree about the mutts. Prior to the dogs I have now, we had a Rottie, though not a mutt, she was not a planned addition to the family. She adopted us, well, my daughter actually. She was a good dog. But mutts usually make the best pets.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:26:33 AM »
Whatever breed I have at the time is my favorite. Love my puppies.

I think this is the best answer.  We had a party colored cocker spaniel for 18 years and thought she was the best dog ever.  Then we got Porter who was the best dog ever.   Major was put on the side of the street and lived with us 5 years until his death and he was a good dog too - some sort of mix.

However, I brought a tiny puppy home from the back of a mans van at Lowe's one day and named him Mr. Rob.  He turned out to be a chow and bit Johnny twice.  We ended up calling animal control because he was so wild.

And then there's ToDeTa.  We love her but she's not a good dog.  She is psychotic and I blame that on Johnny,

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »
We have a Saint Bernard, and we love him, but i know that i have a hard time leaving a shelter, and not taking one with me. :grinnnn:

We had a Golden Retreiver though for 10 years, and he was an amazing dog :ThumbUp:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #24 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »
I'm wondering if we should adopt a dog rather than buy one.  What do you guys think.

As far as cats, we've only had cats that people have given us or that Johnny found and brought home.  I'm allergic so they have to be outside cats.  The one we have now is a calico cat (I think), named Lizzy, and we love her.  She's a good mouser and stays around the house.

We've had all our pets neutered or spayed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal