Author Topic: First the Obama's ... now this....  (Read 4399 times)

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
First the Obama's ... now this....
« on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
First the Obamas decide to vacation here, now the Woods decide to  divorce here.

There's also a Margueritaville here, and a Tootsie's where famous country folk show up unannounced, and a condo/resort built and owned by Alan Jackson, a brand new international airport, etc, etc,...

I am afraid this place is turning into the new playground for the "rich and famous" . I sure hope not. If it does I won't be able to afford to live here anymore.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: First the Obama's ... now this....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
It was too late when they decided to build Disney world down your way, Barb.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
It was too late when they decided to build Disney world down your way, Barb.
  or when jimmy buffet got big.  that ruined everything from apalachacola to biloxi.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
Actually, Disney is several hundred miles away and on the other coast. But funny you should say that. Disney wanted to build it in NW FL. Most of the land from coast to coast in N. FL is owned by the St. Joe Company, who would not sell any land to Disney. St. Joe's lands are largely undeveloped, and the ones that are, cater to the "rich and famous". Outragously lavish resorts and home developments. They even donated the land for Pier Park which is a ritzy shopping/restaurant pramanade (sp?) right on the beach. But they didn't want a "carny" (that's the word they used) to build anything in their back yard so wouldn't sell to him. I bet Orlando is glad!
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal