Author Topic: Landscape Design  (Read 5201 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Landscape Design
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »
Thanks Tina.  I wish I were a better copy editor. 

It has only rained alittle so far today.  Not enough to help out the birds nest spruce.  I've got my fingers crossed that we get more.  It's suppose to rain most of the next 4 days but mother nature is wily in this area.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #26 on: Sep 26, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
We're getting a little rain too.  Thank the Lord.

Are birds nest slow growing or fast?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Sep 26, 2010, 04:55:51 PM »
medium I would think. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #28 on: Nov 21, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
The Front Foundation Bed between the Driveway and the Front Door

The plans have changed somewhat.  Where I was going to put the Red Gladiolus I'm not going to put the glads because I didn't pull them up.  I may later but for right now that spot is just empty waiting for an idea.

The other clump of ditch lilies went up to the ditch bed so from the stairs to the bay windows is empty except for a front of the bed line of daffodils. 

the red/bronze mums are at the center of the bay window and look good there.

I've removed the purple irises from this bed so it's looking alittle bare.  There are gladiolus spaced evenly along the back of the bed.  But they need to be moved because they bloom facing the reflected light off of the white siding.  So I need something taller and with full foliage for the back of the bed that will look good with the glads in front of them.

I moved the Blackberry lilies over to the sidewalk bed next to the azalea because the azalea needed more shade.  And now it has it.     

Underneath that window would be the yellow mums.  The front of the bed is full of clumps of daffodils and a few yellow tulips.  I'm thinking of putting the papaver paeoniflorum (Peony Poppy) behind where the daffodils are since they bloom alittle later.  Of course it's a mixed color packet so there maybe some colors that I don't want in the mix but I can live with that.  I can always hand polinate the flowers I want and keep them bagged until the seed pods mature.  And then I'll have the right colors for the next year.    

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal