Author Topic: Refinancing the house.  (Read 11932 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Refinancing the house.
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:54:33 PM »
Thanks Jenn,  Judy and Robert came over today and helped me with everything.  Robert fixed the door on the shed, patching the wall and mudding the joints, fixed the chain saw, Told me how to fix the curtain rod and carried that super heavy table into the multipurpose room.  I should be able to accomplish all kinds of things in the craft room now.  It's really cool. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
sounds like it is going well tammy!  i hope it continues for you.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Dec 29, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
They made no progress what so ever today.  Although they used another gallon of paint.  I guess it just wasn't in the cards. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #28 on: Dec 29, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
Is that a riddle Tammy?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #29 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »
No.  That is depressing.  I've decided to texture the wall with the remaining mud and see if that will cover the wallboard.  Then I'll have to come up with the money for drywall for the ceiling.  There is no refinance in my future.  Man financial trouble everywhere at my house.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #30 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Well I talked to one of the guys that is helping me.  He said that he had went out and bought a spray gun and they were going to come back and spray the ceiling and the walls.  What he needed me to do was to fix the mud that had been put on the patch and the joints where I took down the mirrors. 

Yesterday I put the smooth coat on the wall with the patch.  You can't see the patch at all today.  And that took a lot of work because the patch was 1/4 of an inch higher than the surrounding wallboard.  Today I need to apply what is called the skim coat.  That is a very light coat that covers very slight imperfections in the smooth coat that was applied yesterday. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
you are moving right along tammy!  good job.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »
I just couldn't talk myself into doing anything in the bathroom today.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
A break is a good thing sometimes duh.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
Not when more time is spent on break than getting the job done.  This bathroom has been in the works for over a year now.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
It's took us years to finish our upstairs bathroom because we paid for it as we went.  Now it's done and it belongs to us.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
Yeah I'll definitely save up from now on and then pay to have it done all at once.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
today I put on the skim coat.  So after it drys (tomorrow) I'll sand it down and it will be ready to paint.  That will be nice to have done.  There is very little joint compound left but enough for little holes here and there. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »
Ok, I've sanded down the joint that was behind the mirror over the sink.  It looks good to me but then my eye sight isn't everything it should be.  Now just the other joint and the patch job and I'm good to go.  Unfortunately both of those jobs are bigger.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »
I'm taking it slow but I'm getting it done so I'm very pleased.  I put down a folded old towel, put my one step down on that in the tub, and managed to get the top of the joint in the tub surround done.  I still have to do the bottom but its done to the mid point and that good.  It's really looking very nice once it is sanded.  I'm beginning to think that I will finish this up without to many problems.  Knock on wood.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
good job.  sounds like you are on the right track and almost finished!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
No there is a long way to go.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
I just saw an advertisement that said mortgage rates are as low as 2.5%.  Maybe I should make another run at painting the bathroom.

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:19:23 AM »
I refinanced last year and they did not even come to look at house...or reapraise...they used the last county appraisal.  I got 3.5 for 15years.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
That's a great deal.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #45 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
Well I went to by the 1 inch 1/4 round and they don't stock it any more.  So I got a 1/4 x 2 inch piece and a 3/4 1/4 round piece.  So all together it will make up the inch I need to reach the flooring.  I can never spell that stuffs name. 

Then I bought the gold spray paint for the lamp and decided that rather than spend 10 dollars a handle, for 7 handles, I'd use the ones I already have and paint them with the gold spray paint too.  Then I found a matching knob that I can paint the same color for the type writer pull out board.  For some reason that piece is missing. 

I also got the paint thinner and the drop clothes for the bathroom job.  And I'll use the drop clothes for painting the desk also.  Lord that is going to be a job.  But it will make the computer room look much nicer.  And since I got a gallon of the hi gloss black I should be able to do the computer desk as well.  Maybe even the open shelving unit.  Anything is possible once I get started.

Evidently medicine cabinets have went out of style.  They all cost over 100 dollars and they were all boxes with mirrors or blinds on the doors.  Boring and not worth that kind of money really right?  Well I'll have to come up with something.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »
Medicine boxes have gone out of style.  I don't much care for the new stylkes. But they are better for the things you keep in the bathroom. Like tooth paste.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
Well I found a medicine cabinet at the auction preview.  Monday I plan on bidding for it.  I hope I get it.  It's not exactly the style I was hoping for but since they don't seem to make it anymore I'll take what I can get and hope that it isn't to expensive. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #48 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »
It's been awhile since I posted here I can tell.

Well I got that medicine cabinet.  The next week I got a wall mount curio cabinet and it's now hanging in my guest bathroom with all my things in it.  I mounted it two inches to low but I don't have the energy to redo it so that's where it's going to hang until someone comes over and can lend me a hand. 

While I was in there I took down the second arm of the toliet roll holder that was misplaced on the walls and left me with big holes.  Today I patched those holes and were I had patched last year I finally got down to sanding so it's nice and smooth and ready for whatever I decide to do to those walls.

The only thing I have left to do in there now is buy some decorative trim and trim out the mirror so it doesn't look so tacky.  Then I'm all done in the guest bathroom.   

The other medicine cabinet is sitting on the masterbathroom floor until the painting on that wall is done. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #49 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
The masterbathroom remodel continues.  This is worst than a soap opera.  Or at least it's trying to drag on as long as a soap opera.  Today i thought I would get in there and clean all the dust out so I could see where I was.  That didn't work.  The dust clogged my nose my throat and the sponge.  The vacumn gave up on it.  And after alittle bit so did I.  I'll see about a second round after I get the dust out of my nose and eyes. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal