Gardening > Vegetables and Fruit

Rhubarb

(1/2) > >>

Patty S:
When we left Montana, I brought my Rhubarb with me.  It was a start from my Mother-in-law's plant in 1977, & always got really big.  I put it in the ground here while we were unloading the U-Haul, & that spot became my Nigella bed later on.  It was never very happy there for some reason, & never even grew to be a foot tall, so I moved it to the deer barrier last fall, where it perked right up before winter set in!

This pic was taken just last week, when BG brought her buddy (Summer) here after school for a play date.  I was totally happy with the way the Rhubarb was doing at that time.

(Notice the Nigella & California Poppies that came with it when I moved it.  I thought that looked pretty cool.)

Today the Rhubarb seems twice as big as it was last week! 

I don't know where else I could have put it, cuz I don't really like having perennial plants in the veggie garden. Although rhubarb is deer proof too, I didn't plan on having another plant this large there, as the Devil's Claw gets about this big & we have several of them in that bed this year.  Sure looks happy though, eh?  :applause:

Bonnie:
You mean people actually eat that stuff?

Bonnie

pharmerlaura:
I never liked the stuff either.. :razberry: :razberry: Never.. :razberry: :razberry:

Patty S:
I don't make Rhubarb pie cuz nobody here would eat it. (And besides, I don't cook!)  I like 2 yank up a stalk & eat it raw... mainly cuz when I do that in front of Keith, it makes him pucker & quiver!

Dianna:
I have always thought that rhubarb was purple in color and looked like celery. Oh, well! Don't know if I would want a pie made out of it if it is sour... :shock:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version