Author Topic: My new coldframe!!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Tonya

My new coldframe!!
« on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
Doug finally made my cold frame this weekend!!  :Glee: :yesssss: I am so psyched!!! Here are a couple pics! It is about 5ft X 9ft made from old lumber and discarded windows from Doug's work.

He also made another one that is about 2ft X 4ft. I forgot to get pics of it..... I'll get them and post them later! :ThumbUp:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: My new coldframe!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

You will have plenty of room to start lots of seeds in that frame, Tonya!

Are you going to use the large one for vegetables and the smaller one for flowers? :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:14:51 AM »
That's my plan, Dianna. Big for veggies, small for flowers...... I'm sure Doug has other ideas, but I am the one tending to it, so I think I get the say-so on that one :BigGrin:

christy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »
 :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  thats aswome tonya!!!  good doug!  :ThumbUp:  you'll get a good headstart on starting seeds now  :grinnnn:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:20:20 AM »
That looks great! Are the windows on hinges? Are you planning to fill them with soil, and plant in it, or start things in pots?
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »
That is so cool Tonya!  What an awesome place to begin seeds.  You are going to be able to get such a big head start on things!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »
I'm jealous. I want one too. That's very nice, Tonya. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
This is me ->?

MassMama

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »
That is great Tonya!! I am tellin ya my friend Better go find some cannin jars fast! Ohhh it seems long off but sure seems like its over night when you don't have all you need  :laughmao: ask me how I know  :Whis:

Offline patches

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »
Hey, Tonya, that looks really great!  :Wow:  Doug sure did a good job on it and now you can get a head start on lots of things.   :yesssss:  Geesh, I sure wish I had a cold frame.   :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:49:05 AM »
I love it.  It looks like a great job to me.  You'll have to tell us how it works out.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
Here is the smaller one he built. I have to figure out a "prop" for the center to allow air to circulate, but this one will be for my flowers(I hope)

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:43:29 AM »
Hey, Tonya, I really do like that one!   :Wow:  What are the actual dimensions on that one?   :ScratchHead:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »
:Blush: I measured it the other day....and promptly forgot, but it is roughly 2ft X 4ft. The big one is a little over 5 ft X 9ft. :BigGrin:

Offline patches

« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
That's really a good size, Tonya! ;)   It should be large enough to hold several trays of seeds.  How tall is it?   :dunno:  Guess I should be looking for some used windows because I do have the perfect place where I could put something this small.   :yesssss:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »
Patti- a good place to look is anywhere they are re-modelling or tearing down a house or building. Most of the time the windows will be free! :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
Hey, that's a great idea, Tonya!  :idea:  Maybe I could also check freecycle.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal