Author Topic: Lawn Problem - Weed N Feed Overdose!  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Patty S

Lawn Problem - Weed N Feed Overdose!
« on: Jun 20, 2007, 01:26:11 AM »
A couple weeks ago, I decided to treat our lawn with Weed N Feed after a heavy rain, but couldn't get the spreader to work right, so I just walked back & forth, sprinkling it on the grass by hand.

I guess it was the wrong thing to do, cuz apparently I didn't distribute it as well as I thought I did!  Last week I noticed dead spots all over one side of the front lawn, & my daughter (who knows a lot more about yards & gardens that I ever will) commented that the front yard looked like someone didn't know how to spread lawn food, cuz it looks like the grass has been fertilizer burned!

You can tell where I ran out of the Weed N Feed that I was carrying in the spreader!  I didn't really like having that stuff in contact with my skin & didn't want to walk all the way back to the shed to get more anyway, so I figured that the other half of the yard could wait for Keith to un-jam the spreader. (And then I forgot to tell him about it!)

What I want to know is, did I kill the lawn that I've been babying since we planted it last year?  Do I have to start over & re-seed, or is it going to come back again?

Kick me HARD  All I wanted to do was to kill the weeds that moved in, cuz I was tired of bending over to pull them!
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2007, 02:22:15 AM by Patty S »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Lawn Problem - Weed N Feed Overdose!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2007, 10:24:51 AM »
Well, I would tell you to water it in to dilute it, but it looks like it is too late. You burned it up!   :crying:

I think only time will tell if you will have to re-seed or not, Patty.  :dunno: If the "weed" part didn't kill it, the lawn may come back pretty as ever next Spring...

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Lawn Problem - Weed N Feed Overdose!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
For future information water after you fertilize not before.  I'm so sorry this happened to you.  The lawn on the other side looks really great.  My dad always took care of the lawn but I have no idea how he did it.  And he managed it when we had three dogs that could make it look like that pretty quick.  So there is a way to save it.  I just don't know the details.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal