Author Topic: Miracle Grow on Food Crops  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Miracle Grow on Food Crops
« on: Jun 21, 2012, 06:49:04 AM »
While sitting on the deck and watching the world wake up, I started looking at all the empty (except for soil) pots that I have because I murdered their residents. :yikes: I looked out at the squash, tomato, and pepper garden and was thinking that they could benefit from that soil.

I read so much about all the chemicals going in our food today that I hesitate to knowingly put something in it. :ScratchHead: Would the soil be safe for a food crop, since it has Miracle Grow in it? I am sure the potted soil would improve the land soil because the land has so much clay and we have done nothing to improve it so far... :Blush:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: Miracle Grow on Food Crops
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Yes it's safe.  Miracle Grow is for vegetables too.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
Thanks, Sheri. :NewHug: I was just wondering if there was a difference between the MG for the veggies and the MG for the potted posies. It is good to know it won't hurt the garden. I am wanting to improve that soil so that we will have a better garden next year...:)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Ariel

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »
Miracle grow trying to remember is a GMO or the company makes GMOs. Not sure how you feel about that. Just thought i would let you know.
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
Thank you, Ariel. I am thinking most foods are GMO now, unless you grow it yourself.

It is a shame that if you aren't rich or grow your own food organically, that you can't afford to eat healthy nowadays. Scary...:(

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »
What is GMO?
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
Genetically Modified Organism.
We have always messed with our foods for best production. Saved our biggest and best tomato seed and peas and beans, etc. But when they begin inserting bacteria and virus' and even other non-food items to 'improve' a crop, it bothers me. I'd rather get 4 wimpy peas to a pod than something with 7  fat peas with something added that is not on the label.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
But when they begin inserting bacteria and virus' and even other non-food items to 'improve' a crop, it bothers me.

Me, too. You don't have a clue what you are eating like that... :cringe:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal