Gardening > Vegetables and Fruit

104 temp today affecting my tomatoes and peppers

(1/1)

duh:
My tomatoes have had all their leaves crisped in this heat and the pepper leaves are wilted.  Is there any chance these will recover.  I haven't been able to do much with them since I've been sick. 

The rain has come in short bursts that doesn't saturate the ground it just removes the topsoil.  I am so disappointed.  They were looking so good with all the tomatoes on the vine that I just knew I was finally going to have a fantastic year and then this. 

So "Ice Cream" it.  So to speak.

Sorry I'm just feeling a case of the "poor mes"

Dianna:
It was 88 here earlier and the temperature dropped to 86. Looks like we have some storm clouds moving in... :SmileyFear:

I am sorry to hear that you have been sick, Duh. I hope you get to feeling better soon... :-*

Is that why the plants have been crisping up? Not being able to get water out to them? If so, I would try giving them a little water and see if they will bounce back. It is worth a try. Good luck!

I think there are a lot of "poor me's" going around with this heat!  :)

MassMama:
It is now 95 here ... I have been watering every evening and my peppers still wilt ...  but bounce right back after being watered...
Hope you feel better soon!!

duh:
Thankyou both for you supportive words.  I'll cross my crossables and keep on watering. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version