Author Topic: robert's pad  (Read 3168 times)

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
robert's pad
« on: Nov 11, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
for the camper trailer he lives in.  we are making him a spot on my property.

we are using the "rail line" principle, in that we will have a couple of landscaping timbers set in crushed concrete gravel to provide stability for the places where his camper will sit.  unfortunately it is on a slope and we need bracing to keep it from washing down.  but, i think we have it worked out where it will be just about right.  robert is happy with it, and we have it completely level side to side.  the down hilll slope won't matter end to end as we will just put a larger block under the tongue.

this is the whole pad, looking down hill.  if the trailer were already there, we'd be looking at the back end.  it will face the road. what you see is about 1500 lbs of gravel total.  not much when you look at it.  robert will haul another 3000 lbs over to cover the plastic.  maybe more, depending on how it spreads.  he's hauling it 1500 lbs at a time, in 50 lb buckets (5 gal)

this is where the tongue will go.  on the inside of the timber.

this is where the wheels will sit. between the landscaping timbers.

part of fixing it the way we did was to make sure that when they drove the trailer onto the pad, there would be more "ramps" rather than "bumps" onto the pad and into place.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: robert's pad
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2012, 11:06:14 PM »
Looks good. A lot of good work done and more to go.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal