Gardening > Vegetables and Fruit

What's in the veggie garden?

<< < (2/20) > >>

bestofour:
thanks for the link.  I like peppers but since Johnny won't eat them I'm not planting.  Bet your stuff will do great with your compost.

duh:
I've got my fingers crossed on that one.  So far they look healthy and that's about all.  There hasn't been growth or blooms but I'm not worried this early in the year.  I'm just happy I had the compost and place to plant them in.   

bestofour:
It is early.  I noticed that I have a few blooms on a tomato plant but the plant is only about 12 inches tall at the tallest stem.  I don't know if it's the warm then cold then warm.....weather or what but I hope my tomatoes aren't going to be stunted.

Wonder what this cold snap will do to the lettuce.  I was concerned that the hot was going to cause it to bolt but now that it's 40 again I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

duh:
I know what you mean the weather has been back and forth.  He I had the air conditioner on and today I wore long johns out in the garden this morning.  I needed them too. 

I did see one tomato blossom this morning.  These are 60 days to harvest big boys so I guess they would put out blooms early. 

duh:
Both of the tomato plants have blossoms, yea!

The peppers have blossoms too!

The Kohlrabi are getting bigger leaves.  They don't really show progress.  They are like most root veggies.  You just sort of have to know. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version