Beyond The Spirits > In The News

7 Reasons Why You Attract Mosquitoes...

<< < (3/5) > >>

bayou girl:
we have those here.  more of those than the little ones.  i was reading that they don't carry as many diseases, but there is one that they do carry that is as bad as some of the others.  i just can't remember what i read about it.  some we have are bigger than that one.

Jim:
Looks like I messed up the name of these.  It's Asian instead of African.  Here is a fact sheet from Clemson.

http://www.clemson.edu/cafls/departments/esps/factsheets/medvet/mv12_asian_tiger_mosquito.html

landofoz:
Jim, we have those new to Kansas this year.  They are easier to see and kill than the smaller ones - but there sure seem to be MORE of them than normal.

As a rule, mosquitoes hate me.  Adam and the girls (covered in DEET) will get devoured while I (w/o any chemicals 'cause I'm allergic) may only get a bite or two on a bad night.

bayou girl:

--- Quote from: landofoz on Sep 01, 2013, 03:14:30 AM ---Jim, we have those new to Kansas this year.  They are easier to see and kill than the smaller ones - but there sure seem to be MORE of them than normal.

As a rule, mosquitoes hate me.  Adam and the girls (covered in DEET) will get devoured while I (w/o any chemicals 'cause I'm allergic) may only get a bite or two on a bad night.

--- End quote ---
that's me sarah.  scott gets eaten alive and they won't even try to bite me, even if they land on me. and they don't often even land on me.

Tina:
Some people are naturally repellant.  :grinnnn:
That said for fun, it is true. I do think it may have something to do with medicines people take.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version