Author Topic: Victorian Crazy Quilt  (Read 13597 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Victorian Crazy Quilt
« on: Nov 14, 2015, 06:24:42 AM »
This is my one planned heirloom quilt.  I have spent ooodles of money on fancy fabrics.  I have embroidered one 14 inch peacock with a couched, rhinestone studded, eyelash yarn tail like the one on the internet.  It's nice.  Now I am working on the owl block  it is 8 inches.  This one I am giving myself 3 years to finish.  I hope to be done before the next quilt show in the spring of 2019.  That is if I live that long. 

I will try to get pictures of these blocks even if they are on the photo book website.  I haven't taken a picture in a while. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Victorian Crazy Quilt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2015, 07:37:28 AM »
I did get the rest of the head of the owl done last night.  It's a fight every step of the way because I choose a painted picture of the owl as the inspiration and I just don't agree with it.  So choosing every strand of floss is a battle.  How could something so simple be so hard right?

And I expect the next embroidered block to be even worse.  And I only gave myself three years to do this one. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2015, 08:19:22 AM »
Don't struggle with it, Tammy. Try approaching it with peace and happiness.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2015, 06:41:36 AM »
You have never seen me craft have you.  Peace and Happiness really don't come into it until I am done in most cases.  If it happens then.  I'm kind of a struggle and tussle type.

The head of the owl is done, yea!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2015, 11:52:41 AM »
I put things away that I have to struggle with until I'm in a better frame of mind. if I have to fight it every step, I'm not going to enjoy it.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »
I'm glad that works for you.  I just end up with piles of unfinished projects that rot before I get back to them.  Took me 5 years maybe 6 to deal with the back load once.  Gave away everything because I hated all of it when I was finished with it.  Won't do that again.  At least this way I get the sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
Im at the neck of the owl.  It feels like progress.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »
that's because it is!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2015, 06:05:33 AM »
White on white is boring lol.  hard to see the mistakes though.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
Good thinking.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2015, 11:24:14 AM »
I finished the undercolor of the breast and am starting the off shoulder.  That shouldn't take to long.  I won't finish in the 6 weeks I was thinking for this block but I should finish within 3 months.  Still ok over all I think.  Since I am doing the hardest first.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2015, 10:36:16 PM »
sounds like this is moving well.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »
I wish I had cut out the blocks earlier.  Then it would feel like more progress.  I'm not looking forward to that part.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2015, 05:56:38 AM »
Something is really slowing me down on this project.  In fact all of the projects right now.  I think it is the clutter.  I don't do well with clutter but right now there is no place to put anything because I'm overloaded everywhere. 

Pray for me please.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
prayers always tammy

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
Thanks Jenn.  That was another thing the depression brought up.  The peacock isn't everything I wanted.  And the Owl isn't as perfect as I wanted.  And I haven't made the templates for the other pieces.  It goes on and on sometimes.

I'll have to get on that one and do something.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
tammy, depression is so hard to shake. it is like a giant pit you edge toward and then away from. i hope it gets better.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
It does get better because I have attitude adjusters that help me.  Here are some I used this time.

Those things that I have let slide I follow this profound bit of advice; 

a)  "Easy does it but do it!"  That helped me to stay on top of the financial booboo until it was fixed even if it required some grrrrh attitude to get it done.  My credit union did not make it easy. 

b)  "Feelings are not facts."  My feeling was that I couldn't possible do the christmas decorating.  And I just let my mind nag on while I got one box after the other out of the closet and unpacked.  I didn't think I would make it but I did. 

c)  When I didn't think I had the energy to finish, I just prayed to the one that has all power and he got me through.

d)  And last but not least that mood follows action.  So by taking positive action I took my negative attitude and turned it around and stopped the depression much more quickly than would have occurred otherwise.

I've found that although my depression is a chemical imbalance to begin with these practical positive attitude adjusters really help.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »
Awesome!

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:53:54 PM »
...I've found that although my depression is a chemical imbalance to begin with these practical positive attitude adjusters really help.
that is such a good attitude all by itself.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2015, 10:25:53 PM »
That really is awesome!
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »
Feelings are not facts.  Love that.  It's so true and so smart to know it.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »
It does get better because I have attitude adjusters that help me.  Here are some I used this time.

Those things that I have let slide I follow this profound bit of advice; 

a)  "Easy does it but do it!"  That helped me to stay on top of the financial booboo until it was fixed even if it required some grrrrh attitude to get it done.  My credit union did not make it easy. 

b)  "Feelings are not facts."  My feeling was that I couldn't possible do the christmas decorating.  And I just let my mind nag on while I got one box after the other out of the closet and unpacked.  I didn't think I would make it but I did. 

c)  When I didn't think I had the energy to finish, I just prayed to the one that has all power and he got me through.

d)  And last but not least that mood follows action.  So by taking positive action I took my negative attitude and turned it around and stopped the depression much more quickly than would have occurred otherwise.

I've found that although my depression is a chemical imbalance to begin with these practical positive attitude adjusters really help.
  tammy, i hope you don't mind, but i want to share this with some folks.  those who really NEED to learn these things.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
You are more than welcome to share them with anyone who may benefit from them.  I would never leave someone in pain if there was an option. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:54:07 AM »
I'm making progress slowly on the Owl.  After I finish it I'm going to work on getting the entire top quarter done.   I need to see progress of some major type.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal