Beyond The Spirits > Hobbies

Spanish Bond Raggedy Brick Lap Quilt

(1/16) > >>

duh:
Don't the names of these quilts go on forever? 

These are the ones that you cut the front the back in rectangles and squares and then but the batting 2 inches smaller then quilt all the bits together and then sew them raw edges out with a 1 inch seam.  These seem to go quickly although with all the miss cuts I had at the beginning I was getting frustrated. 

I'm using all plaids and home spuns this time.  Trying for a masculine look. 

So far all 16 squares are cut out and sandwiched and 4 of them are quilted.  Then all 64 of the rectangular batting pieces are cut out and 18 of the 128 fabric pieces that I need to cut are done. 

Wish me luck. 

Tina:
Good luck, Tammy.

duh:
It's moving right along.  I got a lot more cut and am ready to iron the next fabric for the next cut and I did probably another 4 of the squares as far as quilting.  I'm liking the results so far.

duh:
8 pieces cut for a total of 48 out of 128.  2 more squares quilted for a total of 9 out of 16.  Progress.  I really hoped I could move faster without sacrificing quality.  But sewing is not my forte and that remains true.  I'm glad my daughter can sew.

Tina:
Is that hand sewing that gets you, Tammy? I sure have a problem with that part of any project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version